PDA

View Full Version : old films

BIG BLUE
19-Jul-10, 11:07
I think its great to sit back feet up and watch an old black and white war film........just wondered if anyone else did or what films do you lot like?

iain
19-Jul-10, 11:42
Some of the best films made.The 40s/50s ones are superb.

John Little
19-Jul-10, 11:47
I love old film. I collect vintage stuff - Lumiere Brothers, Mitchell and Kenyon and all that. Not so fond of 'movies' just the stuff they filmed of peoples' everyday lives.
Or the old GPO documentaries - which I now have all of.

And funny you should post this today because I just bookmarked this;
http://www.dounreay.com/news-room/video-library

for future use an hour or so ago.

I also happily browse Movietone.com and British Pathe- could spend hours there - and do....

squidge
19-Jul-10, 12:52
i love an old film in the afternoon - sometimes channel five have one on or film 4. I like particularly Blithe Spirit, The Quiet Man, plus any northern dramas, old westerns too - Cup of tea, home madecake Fire lit, children playing or snoozing quietly on the settee, It is a winter activity for me but mmmmmmmm Lovely.

A few miserable days have been cheered up by old films One really miserable day at a christmas I spent without the boys was made bearable by watching "A taste of Honey" not just a film but a slice of history, the docks, the stereotype of a gay man, Dora Bryants heels - fantastic.

bettedaviseyes
19-Jul-10, 16:26
The Quiet Man love it reminds me of my dad and nana they loved it and whiskey galore too lol i like wizard of oz and anything with bette davis :D

poppett
19-Jul-10, 17:38
"Hell Drivers" and "Brief Encounter" are my black and white favourites.

im behind you
19-Jul-10, 18:11
i watched one last week sinking the bizmark i think not sure. but i fair enjoyed it. my fav black and white film will be the wooden horse nows thats class.

Fluff
19-Jul-10, 22:17
I love The Million Pound Note, I could watch it again and again!

south view 7
25-Jul-10, 20:07
Stalig 17 one of my favourites from many,takes me right back to "sittin in ae dooks in ae picture hoose" happy days indeed.........