PDA

View Full Version : Before its too late

Invisible
18-Jul-10, 22:45
Just want to say before this thread gets binned that I totally agreed with chereokee post earlier about the flashchat.

wifie
18-Jul-10, 22:49
Yep can't imagine why THAT got binned!

young_fishin_neep
18-Jul-10, 22:49
Yep can't imagine why THAT got binned!

ill seconed that!

DeHaviLand
18-Jul-10, 22:50
damn, missed the good bits again :(

sandyr1
18-Jul-10, 22:52
But is it really necessary to come on here and do a Burn on the system!
Remember it is not a rite, but a privilege

wifie
18-Jul-10, 22:52
Look in jokes Dehav - it might be there!

wifie
18-Jul-10, 22:53

All you do is MOAN - cherokee was simply asking a question which has been asked time and time again and NEVER satisfactorily answered!

Invisible
18-Jul-10, 22:54

why have a privilege that doesn't work, that's like winning a car but finding there is no engine

sandyr1
18-Jul-10, 22:56
All you do is MOAN - cherokee was simply asking a question which has been asked time and time again and NEVER satisfactorily answered!

I'm moaning! Take a look.....

young_fishin_neep
18-Jul-10, 22:57
the only reason it was removed is because certain people cant handle being asked for something to be fixed no point in having chat if it doesnt work and cheeroke is right in wat they said in the origonal thread!

shame the admin are to lazy to sort something thats been on ongoing problem for years, no wonder the chat room in this place is boring!

wifie
18-Jul-10, 22:57

I'm lookin! No seeing anything constructive!

And yes I have descended to yer level!

young_fishin_neep
18-Jul-10, 22:58

nothing wrong with wifie if you ask me, she wouldnt have made that post if it wasnt for you moaning! dont you think we are sick of you sounding like a broken record?

sandyr1
18-Jul-10, 23:01
How lovely!
And I see you use the Term WE!!!!
But guess what....you don't own this system!

young_fishin_neep
18-Jul-10, 23:02
How lovely!
Mirror mirror on the wall.

who is the grumpiest of them all?

sandyr1

wifie
18-Jul-10, 23:02
How lovely!
Mirror mirror on the wall.

Yer Majesty! I would have curtsied if I had realised! :D

sandyr1
18-Jul-10, 23:05
Ochhhhhh.......Ur jist a funny bunch o' yocals

18-Jul-10, 23:06
The thread you are all referring to was not removed by the Admin/Mod team. It was deleted by the OP.

laguna2
18-Jul-10, 23:07
Ochhhhhh.......Ur jist a funny bunch o' yocals

I find that comment very insulting and totally uncalled for!

young_fishin_neep
How lovely!

decided to change your post i see, did you not like your replies?

wifie
How lovely!

Neither do you!

No point editing yer post - it still exists in my quote!

Gotcha! :lol:

young_fishin_neep
18-Jul-10, 23:08
The thread you are all referring to was not removed by the Admin/Mod team. It was deleted by the OP.

then why is whenever someone makes a contraversial coment about the org its always deleted? and infractions and bannings come out of it? surely admin and mods would rather know if people wernt happy?

wifie
18-Jul-10, 23:09

Thank you Mr/Ms Moderator! Soz cherokee!!! But we all agreed wi you - flashchat needs a revamp!!!

You can stop moaning on this one now Sandy boyagee! :D

ShelleyCowie
18-Jul-10, 23:18
Well totally like...och i cana put it into proper words but this is my 2 cents...deal with it!!!

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3634/pennies.jpg

sandyr1
19-Jul-10, 01:41
I find that comment very insulting and totally uncalled for!

As there is much critiques and comments, mostly made in a fun way on the ORG, I shall correct my word. Was meant 2 b Local, but you know if you feel that the other word refers 2 u then, by all means you can wear it. If not you can ignore it, as many of us do with comments on here.

And Wifie...you and I have chatted on here, several times....but it seems that you feel my comments were wrong and then of course you get all your 'friends' to get in on the act.
Kinda sad really....
I understood that these systems were for Social Networking.
Regards///////

wifie
19-Jul-10, 03:19
From memory I have actually chatted to you once and I don't remember that going very well. You may have been in the chatroom company at other times.

I didn't get "my friends" in on any act. The people who commented on this thread were all posters who have tried to use the flashchat here for the quiz. Posts have been made about the state of the chat for a long time and similarly promises of updates to the chat have been made but to our knowledge and experience never carried out. Do you wonder then that people took offence at you lambasting them and saying we should consider it a privilege to be able to use the system? I don't believe a gun is held at the Fernies' heads to keep this forum alive.

I am not usually given to being in the employ of the spelling or grammar police but:-

rite - a prescribed form or manner governing the words or actions for a ceremony (Merriam Webster online)

Perhaps you were right to write that Sandyr1 but wrong in the usage as the weekly quiz could be called a bit of a ceremony which uses a prescribed form. Mind you these days it's more of a performance than a ceremony as Orgers try desperately to actually stay in the chatroom.

sandyr1
19-Jul-10, 04:34
The Reply............ I really didn't mean to reply to such..................., but I shall, as I do have as much right as others!

From memory I have actually chatted to you once and I don't remember that going very well. You may have been in the chatroom company at other times.

Really. I suppose that was quite true in a way, as you among others were making such remarkably filthy comments that I was unsure what to add...Remember that!
I have been on here since the day Caithness.org started...Yes, under sandyr which was deleted as I started using a HOTMAIL address. I was traveling, and was cut off, and had to LOGIN under another name with a new acceptable ISP.

I didn't get "my friends" in on any act. The people who commented on this thread were all posters who have tried to use the flashchat here for the quiz. Posts have been made about the state of the chat for a long time and similarly promises of updates to the chat have been made but to our knowledge and experience never carried out. Do you wonder then that people took offence at you lambasting them and saying we should consider it a privilege to be able to use the system? I don't believe a gun is held at the Fernies' heads to keep this forum alive.

I didn't use Capitals and didn't demand anything. I 'Lambasted' them!?
I have never had a problem, and if I did I would certainly be more respectful. And please remember that no one is holding a gun to anyone's head on here to use this. It is not only for a few 'locals' to use, to support each other in some way against others......And I think 'Fernie' has done a pretty good job on here. This is one of the Superior Community Websites in the World!

I am not usually given to be in employ of the spelling or grammer Police but:-Rite.... It being a prescribed form or manner Governing words or actions.

If you knew anything about the Scottish People/ Customs, then you would know that the 'Scottish Rite' is the Superior Being! Thus me using RITE in the context in which it was used.
Actually Wifie I just re-read your posts...Talk about Spelling! Learned more in Lybster Junior/Secondary!

Perhaps you were right to write that Sandyr1 but wrong in the usage as the weekly quiz could be called a bit of a ceremony which uses a prescribed form. Mind you these days it's more of a performance than a ceremony as Orgers try desperately to actually stay in the chatroom.

I can assure you Madame that Rite is a fine word and it was used in the correct context. And desperately trying to stay in the Chatroom???? What does that mean?
Some of your friends said... If your asking me...Gosh I never asked them.

And SB...these are American pennies!! Gosh I thought you would know that!

To whom it may concern,
We all have different reasons for being on here. Mine is simply to stay connected to Kaitness and the people who, for whatever reason want to continue our relationship with the Motherland.....for want of a better phrase. There are many opinions, discussions and perhaps arguements over prose etc., but in the end we came from 'there' (or we are interested in 'there'). 'There' gave me a good education and a will to travel and succeed. And yes, as many of us have strong opinions. Again, it is a Privilege to have a Forum such as this. Let us not abuse it!

ShelleyCowie
19-Jul-10, 07:10
And SB...these are American pennies!! Gosh I thought you would know that!

Seriously how thick do you think i am? :roll: It was just a joke. Obviously youve lost your sense of humor. Or did you not have one to start with?

Off to the hairdressers with me to get rid of the blonde....apparently they are American pennies! :eek: :roll:

Rheghead
19-Jul-10, 09:37
Just think of the kicking out of the chatroom as a Mexican wave which has just gone beyond an overdone joke and is a little tedious but peeps still put up with it.

John Little
19-Jul-10, 09:46
Fight!

Fight!

Bundle! C'mon everybody - it's a fecht!

Tugmistress
19-Jul-10, 10:44
You're right rheggy, it's gone beyond a joke now. i used to love doing the quiz on a sunday night and still would if the flipping booting was sorted out. not been in for months because of that.

golach
19-Jul-10, 11:08
Gosh a lot of dummies/comforters being thrown out prams now. I wish I had stayed in, but I had a better offer.
What a petted bunch of children you all come over as.
Why not try having the Quiz on another day? Sunday evening is a busy time on the Org.
I am usually in the chatroom late at night,and rarely have problems of being kicked out, put on ignore yes, so please feel free to ignore this post.

wifie
19-Jul-10, 22:21
Thank you so much for answering a puzzle that a lot of Orgers have had over the years sandyr1 :)

Invisible
20-Jul-10, 19:31
cleared.........