PDA

View Full Version : Windfarms at half their generation capacity

Green_not_greed
18-Jul-10, 21:59
The front page of todays Scotland on Sunday featured a good article showing that windfarms in Scotland have only produced half of the electricity that they were forecast to produce this year.

So in cases like the Baillie windfarm, which was approved solely on generation (and associated "CO2 savings") being more important that people's livelihoods and quality of life, should this now be reconsidered by Scottish Government? I certainly think so. Do you?

Rheghead
18-Jul-10, 22:11
The front page of todays Scotland on Sunday featured a good article showing that windfarms in Scotland have only produced half of the electricity that they were forecast to produce this year.

So in cases like the Baillie windfarm, which was approved solely on generation (and associated "CO2 savings") being more important that people's livelihoods and quality of life, should this now be reconsidered by Scottish Government? I certainly think so. Do you?

Which idiot carried out this research?

Green_not_greed
18-Jul-10, 22:13

Not the response I expected from you - I expected that you'd be saying that we needed twice as many!

BTW the basis of the research was not queried - therefore was accepted - by Scottish Renewables, WWF Scotland, the John Muir Trust, Friends of the Earth and the Department of Energy and Climate Change, who all responded to the article.

Rheghead
18-Jul-10, 22:19
Not the response I expected from you - I expected that you'd be saying that we needed twice as many!

Actually we do. We also need to make decisions on quality research and not interpretation data on cherry picked data.

Green_not_greed
18-Jul-10, 22:50
Actually we do. We also need to make decisions on quality research and not interpretation data on cherry picked data.

Well that's very interesting considering that the Baillie ES contained nothing but cherry-picked data by the developers!

Rheghead
18-Jul-10, 22:54
Well that's very interesting considering that the Baillie ES contained nothing but cherry-picked data by the developers!

That was very interesting comment since if that were true then Highland Council's legal team should have gone to town on the developer's evidence and ripped it apart. Instead they sat there quietly and rarely questioned any of it and it was the developer's legal team who ripped CWAG's evidence apart.

Mole on the inside?

ywindythesecond
19-Jul-10, 00:08
Me.
How about this Reggy. Lets start another thread and you and I dissect the information available about wind output data provided by National Grid on the NETA website. Perhaps the .org Management would give us a protected space where you and I could debate without interruption, and at the end, there might even be a vote? What do you think? Just like old times!

Rheghead
19-Jul-10, 02:02
Me.
How about this Reggy. Lets start another thread and you and I dissect the information available about wind output data provided by National Grid on the NETA website. Perhaps the .org Management would give us a protected space where you and I could debate without interruption, and at the end, there might even be a vote? What do you think? Just like old times!

OK no problem, you're on. :eek: