PDA

View Full Version : why this car is automatic.....

_Ju_
18-Jul-10, 18:09
.......it's systematic,
It's hyyyyyydromatic!
why it's a ................

Some things just don't age!

donnick
18-Jul-10, 19:01
well at least u don't have a hubby at home who can quote the film word for word :confused that's just wrong:lol:

_Ju_
18-Jul-10, 19:03
Whatever you do don't introduce us or you will have a word by word playback!

Have you told him it's on right now?

Iffy
18-Jul-10, 19:16
Ahhhhh !!!
The penny has just dropped !!!:lol:

_Ju_
18-Jul-10, 19:26
You need to work on that groove, Iffy!:)

airdlass
18-Jul-10, 20:48
Love this film - I remember going to see it at the pictures in Thurso when it first came out. :)

neepnipper
18-Jul-10, 21:19
Watched it again today, even hubbie loves it! Saw it on stage in the West End when Debbie Gibson was Sandy and Craig Mclachlan was Danny, Shane Richie was Kenickie..brilliant!

_Ju_
18-Jul-10, 21:54
If I was to choose one west end show it would be Grease. I love the music and know the lyrics off by heart to my sons embaressment!

I remember age 12 tape-ing the music from the TV with a tape recorder and "shushing" my sister till I got her out the room. Those were the days when pirating and flaunting copy right was very complicated, envolved two or more unconnected electronic devices and you had to be very dedicated to carry it out and then listen to the (very poor quality) fruits of your labour!

Iffy
18-Jul-10, 22:05
"We'll get some overhead lifters and some four barrel quads, oh yeah!

Keep talkin', whoah keep talkin',

Fuel injection cut off and chrome plated rods, oh yeah!

I'll get her ready, I need to get her ready!

With a four-speed on the floor, they'll be waitin' at the door......

Mmmmm, can't really recite any more than that cos' it's a family forum guys !! Just wanted to know if "I'm in the Groove" now Ju :lol::lol: ??

George Brims
19-Jul-10, 21:16
You're all talking/singing about it - but have you seen it? The original car is at the Peterson Automotive Museum in LA. Despite my petrolhead inclinations, I had not visited that museum until this year. My daughter is a big fan of that excruciating movie, so I took a (cell phone) picture of it. I will attempt to attach it to this reply (don't be holding your breath).