PDA

View Full Version : Banger Racing

Chicky
29-Jun-06, 18:07
Not long now till e banger racing hopefully will be a good day and we will get some good races so whos all going in or whos goin to watch

teuchter
29-Jun-06, 21:13
Counting the days now. Just hope we can stretch the track out a wee bit more this year. Heres hoping the weathers going to be as good this year.

margaret
29-Jun-06, 22:01
:rolleyes:
WHERE AND WHENS IT ON?

Corsastu
30-Jun-06, 19:04
Its on on e 9th o july cana wait

willowbankbear
30-Jun-06, 19:52
:rolleyes:
WHERE AND WHENS IT ON?

Wendy Campbell said to me it was in the same park as last year, just before sibster

Julz
13-Jul-06, 12:12
What did u all think o the derby i thought it went well?

mooncat
13-Jul-06, 13:00
If anyone is running an A series engined Metro or Mini I would be interested in whats left for spares...

cheers

teuchter
13-Jul-06, 16:52
What did u all think o the derby i thought it went well?

Your not fishing for a pat on the back are you Julz?? Well you should be because it was brilliantly run. Well organised by those lovely people in yellow vests, the track was a lot better this year , and the crowds had a lot better view this year too. Getting better every year. Just a pity you cant get a second bouncy castle for the pit area. Roll on next year.

westcoastwicker
14-Jul-06, 10:25
Who were the winners and how did the transit van race go - still on holiday and missed it !!!!!!!!!!

Julz
14-Jul-06, 23:14
I'm glad u enjoyed it but i'm definately not lookin for a pat on the back crikey i did nothing compared with all the great guys that helped out an i have to b honest and say there was only a hanful that really deserve a pat on the back! any suggestions as to how to improve it? were u racin ursel?

Julz
14-Jul-06, 23:17
Ronnie Gow won the men's race car 70 he did well
Laura munro won the women's car 36
and Lewis Campbell won the van race when he passed the chequred flag the van rolled it was great but i'm sure he was achin afterwards!

Niall Fernie
15-Jul-06, 09:13
I've got some video clips here that my dad managed to take on the day. Will try and get them edited together and uploaded over the weekend.

westcoastwicker
15-Jul-06, 16:20
Looking forward to seeing them Niall

teuchter
15-Jul-06, 20:24
Looking forward to seeing the video clips. The photos Bill took again this year were great, and i promise i wasnt really aiming for him in the fourth race, i was pushed, honest. Mind you he deserves a medal for bravery taking those pictures instead of hiding behind the bales.

tenabowla
15-Jul-06, 21:04
Does anyone know if there is a banger derby in Thurso this year?

teuchter
15-Jul-06, 21:53
No racing at Thurso this year im afraid.

Laura
15-Jul-06, 23:07
If anyone has clips of the banger racing I would lovee to see them as when you are sitting in the car you miss all the action that goes on around.

Julz
16-Jul-06, 12:31
teuchter wot number were u this year

teuchter
16-Jul-06, 20:08
i was in number 53 in its former life it was a metro.