PDA

View Full Version : Stray cat

openminder
17-Jul-10, 18:48
There has been a black stray cat wandering about harland road in castletown,, for about 6 month now,, and is very viscious,, it has been fighting with my two older cats, and they are always cuming in the house cut and with lumps,,they are getn to the stage they dont want to go out,, but then yesterday when my 9 week old kitten was having his breakfast in the lobby,, the cat came in my top sitting room window and attacked, him whilst eating,, ma poor we man was sore and shaking like a leaf,, what do i do about this stray cat,, i have contacted cats protection,, but no response as yet,,! if this is what the cat is doing to my 3 cats,, what about the rest in the area...??:confused:confused

cezzy1234
17-Jul-10, 19:19
hi contact lizz on the fourms she is linked with cat protection and might be able to help.

Serenity
17-Jul-10, 20:40
I think you will find it is Liz, not Lizz who has a connection with cat's protection. Either way, even though she probably wouldn't mind, I don't think she should be suggested directly. If she can help she will come in herself. I think people expect too much of certain members here.
If it is bothering your cats so much have you tried SSPCA, the vets, more phone calls to current members of cats protection?
I do understand about other cats scaring my own so please don't think I am being harsh.

Serenity
17-Jul-10, 20:48
Also it takes two to fight. Have your cats been neutered etc? It can stop this kind of behaviour.

Liz
17-Jul-10, 23:27
I am not actually a member of Cats Protection now due to ill health but am still in contact with them and help out when I can.

Openminder the helpline is run by volunteers who work full time so may take a wee while to get back to you.
The best thing for this stray cat (it is definitely a stray is it and doesn't belong to anyone in the area?) would be to catch it in a humane trap and then have it neutered and returned to the area it is familiar with. This has proved successful with other stray cats who are showing territorial behaviour.

Thumper
18-Jul-10, 09:03
Yip its the same one that got into my house,wrecked the kitchen and terrified my animals! Or at least i think it is,unless there are 2 black strays around! :eek: x

openminder
18-Jul-10, 09:33
Yes thumper it is the same cat,, as i have enquired about the area,!!!! And to say both my older cats have been neutered, and i do realise that it takes two til fight,,! I no that but this is a bit extreme the stray cat obviously needs help and looked after,, i am not being nasty about this cat,, just something needs to be done,, animals have rights also in there own enviroment!!!!!:roll:

Thumper
18-Jul-10, 10:42
Its such a shame as he is a lovely looking cat,but he has no fear what so ever,even when I caught him in my house more than once he went for me when i tried to chase him out :eek: I guess being stray has made him harder so he can survive :( x

Liz
18-Jul-10, 18:14
It is good that you both feel sympathy for the cat as it isn't his fault he is a stray. However, I can fully understand your fears re the safety of your own cats.

I honestly believe that neutering the cat would be the best course of action. Unfortunately, it sounds like he wouldn't be suitable for being placed in foster care by Cats Protection.

If some kind orger has a farm or croft etc where the cat, once he's been neutered, could live and have access with food that would be great.

If you don't hear from Cats Protection tomorrow just give them another call.:D

Good luck!