PDA

View Full Version : What do the site owners/Admin think?

ducati
17-Jul-10, 17:29
I often wonder what the peeps that set the org up think about what goes on, on the General forum. What kind of monster they created.

Do you think Bill and Co have Repetitive Stress Syndrome from planting their faces in their palms?

sandyr1
17-Jul-10, 17:45
Some good 'stuff' on here/ It's a World of learning, and keeps us foreigners in touch.

Bill Fernie
17-Jul-10, 21:10
Weel what can I say....
What springs to mind is that well known phrase "its life Jim but not as we know it"

Its what is ...a forum with a range of views and opinions real and unreal, true and untrue. I think you take from it what you want and put in equally items. It is too big for me to read it all so maybe my head is not in my hands too often.

Much of the forum is not so controversial as it may mainly be the general section where any controversy comes in.

Overall I think it runs reasonably well and the mods do a good job even if everyone may not agree with decisions from time to time.

I don't think of it as a monster although it continues to expand steadily over the years and still is as new sections are added and the number using it go up. I suppose we have taken a fairly conservative line with the running of it but that is due to a hope that it can continue to deliver services to the area as many of the sections do. And hopefully many folk have derived help and assistance in one way or another.

So although there have been blips and will continue to be I am sure that there is plenty of goodwill to over come any problems. At the end of the day the users are the contributers and we just try to keep the peace to ensure it can run over the long term.

Patience is a virtue and after 10 years I think we have proved we have a little.....lol.

Cheers

Bill

Moira
17-Jul-10, 21:12
I think they'd prefer to not think about it too much but I'm not sure.

What makes you think they have created a monster? :confused

ducati
17-Jul-10, 21:42
Thanks for the contribution Bill, and long may your sense of humour remain :lol:

Kenn
17-Jul-10, 22:53
I seem to remember saying to you some years back that you had a tiger by the tail Bill.
Now as we all know tigers have teeth and claws and there have been a few shown over the years but mostly the problems that have occured have been solved in a way that most members find quite just when they think about it.
Long may the site continue as it provides much information, alot of humour,provokes some interesting debate and has caused many an unexpected friendship.

cherokee
18-Jul-10, 11:57
Well, may I just say that "the org" has been an absolute Godsend to me and a family member !

I asked for help on here not long ago and found exactly what I was looking for and so much more !

God Bless the person who replied to me !:)