PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool!!

Fantoosh
16-Jul-10, 10:43
Hey, Im heading down to Blackpool/Blackburn for a wee holiday in a weeks time. Apart from the obvious Pleasure Beach, Tower etc does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do? Anyone been anywhere, done something thats not well advertised?

Hope the weather brightens up by then :D

cheers

Fantoosh

p.s Anyone been to any good tattoo shops down that way? Been looking a few up online, thinking about getting another while down there. :D

gleeber
16-Jul-10, 10:52
Blackpools great. I went there year after year with my daughters. The tattyness is attractive but take plenty money.

Dadie
16-Jul-10, 10:58
We like the sealife centre.
I like shopping at freeport outlet...
A walk along the central Pier
Apart from that a walk in Stanley park..the zoo or a soft play area near hubbys sisters!
But I dont really "do" blackpool itself much...
We go to visit people!

If after shops the trip to the Trafford Centre at Manchester is well worth getting lost in for a day!

golach
16-Jul-10, 11:09
I have been to Blackpool frequently, and Blackpool can be great, I would recommend taking in one of the many shows, I particularly like the "Legends" show.
Blackpool is very in your face, you gets what you pay for, but any trip to Blackpool, should include a trip from the Pleasure Beach to Fleetwood on a shoogly tram, an expedience in its self[lol]

Phill
16-Jul-10, 11:14
If after shops the trip to the Trafford Centre at Manchester is well worth getting lost in for a day!

????!!
Rather stick pins in me eyes while bathing in acid than go in that cesspit.
Avoid it.

Blackpool ain't much better, not the place it was.
And yes, you'll need pleeennnnty of money.

Leanne
16-Jul-10, 11:19
There's always Blackpool zoo - though I think Chester zoo in much better.

There's Tentham Monkey forest - its a bit further on, but nearer than Inverness to us ;) http://www.trentham-monkey-forest.com/information.php?id_cat=1

The Trafford centre is a killer for your feet but amazing for shopping! And what's more you can not find it - you can see the huge place straight from the motorway. I prefer Cheshire Oaks - it has more of the designer brand retail outlets.

There's madam tussauds under the tower

The sealife centre

The great big swimming pool place - the Sancastle

Ripley's 'believe it or not'

The model village and gardens

There the 'dunes' though nowhere near as good as Dunnett
There's funny girls for the grownups

A tram ride from one end to the other

I'm stuck now...

Leanne
16-Jul-10, 11:20
????!!
Rather stick pins in me eyes while bathing in acid than go in that cesspit.
Avoid it.

OP I can assure you it is far from a cesspit ;)

And yes, you'll need pleeennnnty of money.

That is true :(

Kodiak
16-Jul-10, 11:23
Get on a Tram and go to Fleetwood as they have a BIG Market there and you could get some bargains. Well worth a Visit.

Dadie
16-Jul-10, 11:28
Oh we went to funny girls once (before kids) and it was £5 a bottle of beer ... so take plenty of cash!
There is usually a few shows on as well!
Blackpool zoo is smaller than Chester zoo but it has just had a revamp and there is a softplay area for the kids ... you have to pay extra for it though.
Tram rides are fun!
The Cleveleys end of the beach has had a revamp and is nice.
I like botany bay ...its a building with lots of little shops/stalls in it which has a old fashioned sweetie shop and antique/collectables in it..its nearer Manchester though!

Leanne
16-Jul-10, 11:33
And how could I forget! The obligatory trip to Ikea!

Phill
16-Jul-10, 11:53
OP I can assure you it is far from a cesspit

'tis opposite the cesspit and stinks of it most the time.

A huge blot on the landscape.

Leanne
16-Jul-10, 12:04
'tis opposite the cesspit and stinks of it most the time.

True enough it is 5 miles from the water works. As it is all indoors (including one of the carparks) you don't actually ever smell it.

Maybe the smell was when you were at Old Trafford - dirty reds ;)

brandy
16-Jul-10, 13:06
fleet wood scares me! my SIL and BIL live there..and we drove to their house once.. and i didnt have a clue where to drive! all the tram lines! thru the road! i kept thinking.. as i was following the traffic and sat nav.. what do i do if a tram comes? the kids loved the tower and staning on the glass.. we will be taking my dad there in a couple weeks. the circus in the tower is fun.. also going to camelot with the kids AS well.. lots of other things! going to check out chester and the roman bits! so should be interesting!

Phill
16-Jul-10, 14:22
True enough it is 5 miles from the water works. As it is all indoors (including one of the carparks) you don't actually ever smell it.http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/cesspit.jpg
Try a little over half a mile.
It shtinks. And it's it own cesspit anyway.

Maybe the smell was when you were at Old Trafford - dirty redsAye, probably the Red scum does smell, cudnae smell it from 'ere though:
http://www.phillrawlins.com/8673qu47e3/images/mcfc.jpg

brandy
16-Jul-10, 15:50
is this man hatred for all things shopping though?

Bazeye
16-Jul-10, 19:57
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Phill_Rawlins/itsalljustrandom/cesspit.jpg
Try a little over half a mile.
It shtinks. And it's it own cesspit anyway.

Aye, probably the Red scum does smell, cudnae smell it from 'ere though:
http://www.phillrawlins.com/8673qu47e3/images/mcfc.jpg

You cant smell success from there either. :)

Fluff
16-Jul-10, 20:01
I was there last month, but on a hen weekend. It was good fun, people very friendly. We spend the day on the pleasure beach (I don't do roller coasters so I was official bag watcher lol)
I hope you have a good time x

Vistravi
17-Jul-10, 18:39
Hey, Im heading down to Blackpool/Blackburn for a wee holiday in a weeks time. Apart from the obvious Pleasure Beach, Tower etc does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do? Anyone been anywhere, done something thats not well advertised?

Hope the weather brightens up by then :D

cheers

Fantoosh

p.s Anyone been to any good tattoo shops down that way? Been looking a few up online, thinking about getting another while down there. :D

The sea life centre in the centre (i think) is pretty interesting.

Is this new tattoo going on the other arm? ;)

scottydog
18-Jul-10, 00:55
if you ever go up to fleetwood, you may feel @ home as you always see D steven trucks ther on monday,, try going down to st annes, very nice there or stopping by and heading in to the lakes for the day ;) or kirkham just out side blackpool is great little place to vist

Dog[evil]

Loafer
18-Jul-10, 07:30
We went to see the Christmas lights but hated it so much that we didn't even wait til it was dark. It's like Marmite, you love it or hate it :-)

The Loafer

Peachie
18-Jul-10, 18:36
Go to manchester for a new tattoo, some megga places there. i remember there being a couple of places in blackers (above pound shops and greasy cafes) but looked very grotty.

singysmum
18-Jul-10, 19:30
My family still live about 30 miles north of Blackpool and my son has all his tattoos done there. Sorry I don't know which one but there are obviously good ones if Peters tattooed tiger is anything to go by.:Razz
Best of luck with your search and have a brilliant time.