PDA

View Full Version : Talk or Action!

Angel
15-Jul-10, 23:56
How many people out there actually do something about any complaint they have. Or is it, they just talk about it hoping someone will agree or do something about it...

What was you complaint and what was your ACTION!

Angel...

Walter Ego
17-Jul-10, 13:36
I think the deafaning silence answers your questin, Angel.

The majority who complain are whingers just looking for an opportunity to spout off - without having to confront their 'victim' face to face or actually having to do anything positive.

Shabbychic
17-Jul-10, 13:52
If I have a complaint I usually do something about it.

If I have a problem with Human or Animal rights, I join campaigns and/or email appropriate parties stating my views. If I have a problem with something closer to home, I either telephone or deal with it face to face.

It would be too long to state all the things I deal with, but if I get my back up about something, I always do something about it.:)

I agree that too many just sit back and hope others will do it for them.

ducati
17-Jul-10, 17:32
If I complained about everything that irritated me, I wouldn't have time to do anything else :lol:

wifie
18-Jul-10, 00:33
I think the deafaning silence answers your questin, Angel.

The majority who complain are whingers just looking for an opportunity to spout off - without having to confront their 'victim' face to face or actually having to do anything positive.

Not necessarily! The people with the complaint will more often than not be the victim! Not everyone finds it easy to deal with confrontation! I also think that Angel has it wrong in her op - talking about things on here is usually about irritations and not actual complaints.

If I complained about everything that irritated me, I wouldn't have time to do anything else :lol:

Och yer choost a moanin' owld git anyway, Victor! :roll:

lynne duncan
18-Jul-10, 20:20
i whinge about it to all that will listen, and then complain to whoever should be doing something about it, with a written note of where what and when and photograph to back it up if need be, and then i'll whinge some more.
Even more so when i am suffering from pmt!!!

John Little
18-Jul-10, 20:36
If I have a complaint then I do something about it if it is one that gets to me.

Serious ones I go as far as it takes.
When the police stole my wife's car I involved the local paper, the local MP, the Police Complaints Commission and anyone who would listen. I think the final straw came when I sussed out the Chief Constable's email and complained to him - we got compensation.

When my boss was fixing references to keep people I complained to her boss, to my solicitor, to my union and finally resigned and got another job- the hell with it.

I have had complaints printed in the Times - and I will be very interested to see if Michael Gove replies to the complaint I sent him last week.

It is no use letting things lie.

I have to sleep at night

squidge
18-Jul-10, 22:37
I always TRY to put my money where my mouth is and not to just whinge endlessly on. If i have something to say I often think about it and think about it and think about it until I ABSOLUTELY have to do something about it. Usually that means saying my piece without being unfair or agressive. If i have something to say i have to say it and thats just it. That might mean writing to an MP or someone else, it might mean doing some voluntary work or it might mean speaking to the woman who pushed over the Bruce's motorbike last week to ask her what she thought she was doing - which is what i was doing last sunday:roll:.

People have often said "its alright for you - you dont mind confrontation" They are wrong - i hate it. I have to think about what i am going to say and what i am going to do for a good while and I try really hard not to be annoyed by stuff but eventually I know i will have to say something. Getting it right isnt always easy but i sleep much better if its not nagging me.

BTW just before you ask ( you know who you are:roll:) - the Bruce would have done his own confronting But i wouldnt let hm. He can be a bit scary looking and as it was a wifie i thought he might scare her into calling the police. He needs security clearance for his work so I did it. No one is interested in security clearing a housewife!!!!

Rheghead
18-Jul-10, 22:43
The flip side to this is the career complainers or campaigners who squeak the most and get the most oil to the groans of the majority who see no need to complain.

Invisible
18-Jul-10, 22:57
It depends on how serious I feel about the thing to complain.

If it doesnt involve money then I just leave it.

Angel
19-Jul-10, 22:56
Hiya Wifie... not really sure you read the post properly... but not to worry..

Angel...

wifie
19-Jul-10, 23:00
Hi Winged One - I understood it fine - I was answering Walter! :D

Angel
19-Jul-10, 23:02
sorry huns...

Angel...x

Dadie
19-Jul-10, 23:07
Depends on the complaint, and, if I know who to complain to!
Big things I tend to complain about, small things I let it known im unhappy but let it lie 9/10... but if really bugged about something I complain at source... management ... and anyone that will stand still long enough to know!
Castle restaurant in Inverness ... was not happy but let it lie...they knew I wasnt happy though....and I wasnt being awkward..nearly in tears in there as I couldnt feed my baby due to the tables.....:(offered the loos:mad:
Homebase and the kitchen fiasco...let everyone know and I was on first name terms with the regional manager!
Next fight coming up... tumble dryer.... 6 mnths old and dead as a dodo!
Parks..or lack of decent facilities in our village is another bugbear...but dont know where to go on that one!