PDA

View Full Version : arts n crafts show n tell

moonshadow
29-Jun-06, 01:43
who is into arts and crafts here? show off the latest item you have made or tell us about what you like to create.

Ricco
29-Jun-06, 07:27
Ahh, a song comes to mind... "I'm dreaming of a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow" Cat Stevens AKA whatever he calls himself now.:)

squidge
29-Jun-06, 10:27
I made a surcoat for Robert the Bruce for when he isnt Robert the Bruce - ill get a picture took and post it here - im dead dead pleased with it:D

laguna2
29-Jun-06, 10:38
Ahh, a song comes to mind... "I'm dreaming of a moonshadow, moonshadow, moonshadow" Cat Stevens AKA whatever he calls himself now.:)

Heard every Saturday at 10 pm on Caithness FM!

crystal
29-Jun-06, 11:54
im into crochaing and drawing but havent done drawing for a year dont think im any good now:( but im kinda gettin back into it. its so relaxing well so i think.

changilass
29-Jun-06, 11:57
I enjoy doing cross stitch, when I have the time, but at the moment I am trying to get the house and the garden sorted, so no time for anything.

Big Jean
29-Jun-06, 19:38
I like most needlework, like cross stitch, needlepoint, embroidery etc., and while I am not very good when it comes to knitting, I do crochet . I also like to draw and work with pastels . Having enough time is the problem .

Ricco
29-Jun-06, 20:12
Tell you what - confession here. I used to knit Arran jumpers, bobble hats and scarves. There's an eye-opener for you! :eek:

connieb19
29-Jun-06, 20:56
Tell you what - confession here. I used to knit Arran jumpers, bobble hats and scarves. There's an eye-opener for you! :eek:And now you just wear them..lol:eek:

katarina
29-Jun-06, 21:20
I paint - landscapes and seascapes mostly. not done any for a while tho

candyfloss
29-Jun-06, 22:26
I'm reeeally into cross stitch, at one just now of some teddys

pink
29-Jun-06, 22:36
I like to do cardmaking and scrapbooking .

Woolie
29-Jun-06, 22:40
i do a lot of hand knitting mainly for firends and family :cool:

unicorn
29-Jun-06, 23:08
I do cross stitch but being put off by a wolf I am doing just now :)

moonshadow
29-Jun-06, 23:51
theres a good diverse mix of craft interests here :-)

ive recently completed working on an altered tin. but i have a wide mixture of craft interests. i like to do card making, minature booklets, art journals, art dolls. all sorts of things really.

would be great to set up a crafty get together sometime.

Loafer
30-Jun-06, 07:03
The good Breadlady is into cross-stitch and I have even had a go myself! She told me I was particularly talented, probably down to being in engineering.

The Loafer

Bob M
30-Jun-06, 20:37
Have a look at my web site
www.pentland-woodcrafts.co.uk and there are quite a number more on the craft list under "community, arts"
Bob M

Yvonne
30-Jun-06, 20:59
Just had a look Bob and very impressed at the excellent craftsmanship. It must take some time to produce such exquisite results and I can imagine the finished product must be very rewarding. The wood is simply beautiful!

moonshadow
30-Jun-06, 21:38
some beautiful peices you have created Bob.M

obiron
30-Jun-06, 21:46
you better do a virus scan bob m cos when i clicked on the link it blocked it cos of a trojan horse attached to the link.

Bob M
30-Jun-06, 21:57
you better do a virus scan bob m cos when i clicked on the link it blocked it cos of a trojan horse attached to the link.
I have just completed a scan and the only horse found was a rocking horse sorry

obiron
30-Jun-06, 22:53
I have just completed a scan and the only horse found was a rocking horse sorry

maybe so but mcafee blocked it out completely saying a trojan horse was attached to it.

Bob M
30-Jun-06, 23:11
maybe so but mcafee blocked it out completely saying a trojan horse was attached to it.
It's macafee that I use as well it found nothing at this end although my doing a scan was pure fluke it was my weekly auto scan. Have you tried a scan yourself. torjans and viruses are not funny I know this only to well! no one else seems to have this problem, hope you get it fixed.
Regards.
Bob M

Ricco
01-Jul-06, 07:46
Lovely stuff, Bob. As you say, the only horse was a rocking horse. Perhaps Mcafee was getting excited because its settings were against popups?

moonshadow
01-Jul-06, 17:48
so i was just wondering...how does a regular craft get together sound?
i dont know if i will manage to get it started as i will be kept quite busy with a mini shadow soon. but i quite like the idea of a regular CRafternoon.
what do you other crafters think?

moonshadow
21-Jul-06, 00:47
thought thered be more responses lol. never mind.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-06, 00:58
I love cartoons,from the hey days of Hong Kong Phooey to the present o' Sponge Bob Squarepants.I like doing characteurs of folk,bringing oot the best side o' everybody.So aye,there ye go moonshadow,I do cartoons and characteurs,if any o' ye orgers want me to draw ye.Ye know where I am?(oops!!! a photo makes it easier!!!!)Its FREE by the way!!!!:lol: :lol:

moonshadow
21-Jul-06, 01:14
i love cartoons. my faves are the old tom n jerry. even though ive seen them so many times they still have me splitting my sides laughing, which isnt good for me at the moment in my condition.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
21-Jul-06, 01:21
i love cartoons. my faves are the old tom n jerry. even though ive seen them so many times they still have me splitting my sides laughing, which isnt good for me at the moment in my condition.

Ahhhh!!!!The Itchy and Scratchy of the yesteryear.Except Tom and Jerry wisnae so violent!!!!:lol::lol:

moonshadow
21-Jul-06, 01:32
well i was going to shyly show of one or two of my arts n crafts but i have already posted pictures for another thread here and ive exceded my quota.

Buttercup
21-Jul-06, 11:45
Cardmaking is my addiction, as anyone who's been in my house can see.

moonshadow
21-Jul-06, 19:23
heres one image i managed to upload onto here. i make small handmade booklets and other items too.

any one else care to show off? id like to see :-)

_Ju_
21-Jul-06, 19:49
Quilting, cross stitch, knitting and once in a while crochet ( but it gives me a headache)

SonyaA
22-Jul-06, 20:26
Hi, I just saw this topic and if any cross stitch addict is interested, here's a link to what I do-
www.caithness-cross-stitch.co.uk (http://www.caithness-cross-stitch.co.uk)
Unicorn- how are you getting on with the Sunset? :)

moonshadow
22-Jul-06, 20:37
i dare not tell my sister about those kits, sonya. she would be drooling to get the whole lot lol.

unicorn
22-Jul-06, 20:50
Hi, I just saw this topic and if any cross stitch addict is interested, here's a link to what I do-
www.caithness-cross-stitch.co.uk (http://www.caithness-cross-stitch.co.uk)
Unicorn- how are you getting on with the Sunset? :)
I still have not started it cos I started a wolf and moon after xmas for my brother and it is a nightmare, I can only do a little at a time before I get a headache and the change in colours is so often and I wanna start my sunset :( but I promised to myself I wouuld finish the wolf first.

Tugmistress
22-Jul-06, 20:54
don't know if you would class it as arts or crafts, but i love my photography and seeing what i can come up with
This is one of my more 'arty' shots :)

Cedric, fancy doing a charicature of me? lol

http://www.photographs4sale.co.uk/components/com_heximage/HeXimage/1102.jpg

moonshadow
22-Jul-06, 21:03
nice photograph tugmistess. i love the orange tones in it :-)

Woolie
22-Jul-06, 23:31
i do a lot of knitting and think a get together would be great

moonshadow
22-Jul-06, 23:55
i dont knit or crochet but soon i will be attempting to create felt. ive been wanting to try this out for a while.

a crafty get together would be great, or even just creating a local network of craft friends would be good, as i wont be able to take care of arranging a regular get together for a while, as im gonna be a busy new mother soon lol.

SonyaA
24-Jul-06, 00:03
i dare not tell my sister about those kits, sonya. she would be drooling to get the whole lot lol.
:Razz Lol, as long as its not on her stitching!!
Unicorn I bet the wolf one you're working on will be worth the effort, I've seen some cracking kits out there of wolves, I haven't got any in my range yet;)
Lovely photo Tugmistress!