PDA

View Full Version : Railway Fatality

sgmcgregor
15-Jul-10, 20:10
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to find details of a fatality on the Wick-Lybster railway line. It happened on 1st November 1930, and a young boy called William Bartlett was killed when he was struck by a train on the line.

I have a newspaper article with some limited details, but I was wondering if there may have been an inquiry into the incident, and if so, where would I be able to research it.

I assume it would have gone to the Procurator Fiscal, or something similar, so if anyone can offer any advice I would be very greatful.

Thank you,
Steven

Sage
16-Jul-10, 16:17
Hi Steven :D

As far as Im aware there are no coroners records available for Caithness. However, if there was an inquest it may be noted on the death certificate as part of a Corrected Entry.

It's worth contacting the registrar or Register House in Edinburgh, the local registrars are very friendly!

Hope this helps a little, good luck

sgmcgregor
16-Jul-10, 18:46
Sage,

Thanks for the advice.

There was an entry in the "Register of Corrected Entries" in relation to the death certificate of the young boy, but I thought maybe there may have been a record of the actual investigation.

If it turns out their isn't, then that's the way things go sometimes. I will try contacting the records office in Edinburgh on the off-chance there may be something to find.

Thanks again for your help,
Steven

Sage
18-Jul-10, 11:49
no probs good luck :)