PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cat: Barrock

Londoner
15-Jul-10, 20:02
Charlie, Our 6 Year Old Pedigree Bengal Cat Has Been Missing For 3 Days. Although He Is A Tom Cat, This Really Isn't Like Him At All As He Never Usually Leaves The Garden.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=196230&id=694770936
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1.EXP/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1.EXP/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png
He Is Not Wearing A Collar (Because He Hated It When I Put One On Him.)
If Seen Please Call; 01847 851 967
If He Is Found There Is A Reward As Me And My Partner Are Going Frantic And Are Very Upset :(
If Anyone Has "Run Over" A Cat In The Barrock Area And Think It May Have Been Him, Please Call And Let Me Know, I Won't Be Angry As These Things Happen, It's Just So I Know To Stop Looking For Him :(

Thanks, Lauren

balto
15-Jul-10, 21:23
any word of your boy yet, hope he comes home safe, we lost our bengal x cat benny a few weeks ago, it was just awful.

Rictina
15-Jul-10, 21:31
I hope you find Charlie soon.

Im in the Glengolly area, I will keep a look a out for you.

Dadie
15-Jul-10, 21:48
Barrock is nowhere near glengolly!
Have you tried round the smokehouse for him.. I imagine the smell of the fish getting smoked would be too tempting for him.
Either that or a female cat in heat!

Tubthumper
15-Jul-10, 21:52
They smoke female cats in Glengolly!?:eek:

Seriously, hope the poor puss turns up soon.

teenybash
15-Jul-10, 22:26
Hope Charlie comes home soon from his walk about.

Liz
15-Jul-10, 22:47
So sorry that Charlie is missing and know, from experience, how awful you are feeling right now.:~(

Most cats who go missing have been shut in somewhere so worth checking every outbuilding in your area. Could there be someone on holiday in your area and Charlie is stuck in their shed or garage?

Really hope for good news soon!

Rictina
15-Jul-10, 23:14
Barrock is nowhere near glengolly!
Have you tried round the smokehouse for him.. I imagine the smell of the fish getting smoked would be too tempting for him.
Either that or a female cat in heat!

You never know where the poor kitty may turn up, I was only being polite.

Liz
15-Jul-10, 23:27
You never know where the poor kitty may turn up, I was only being polite.

Yes cats have been known to turn up far away as they sometimes stowaway on vehicles.

Dadie I know you are a really nice person but you did sound a bit gurny!:lol:

Dadie
16-Jul-10, 01:08
Glengolly is too far for a cat to wander...
Barrock is a pretty small place.
And most people will look out for Charlie once they Know he is missing.
Im tired and Euan is teething so maybe thats my excuse for being gurny...
He is either AWOL on the prowl for whatever male cats do or dead or half dead!

Hopefully just AWOL!

Rictina
16-Jul-10, 08:39

Hopefully just AWOL!

Hope u got a good nights sleep Dadie, & Euan didnt keep u awake too much bless him.

TBH I dont even know where Barrock is, lol, I just wanted to offer my supoort if you get what I mean.

Take care :).

Liz
16-Jul-10, 13:10

Hopefully just AWOL!

I didn't say he would wander to Glengolly but could have stowed away on a vehicle.

I am sorry you are tired but what you've said about the cat being dead or half dead is awful! How would you feel if it was your cat and someone said that?:~(

Don't think you should post when you are 'gurny'.

Dadie
16-Jul-10, 13:30
Tried walking round the square?
Looking at the quarrys as they are good hunting areas.
If knocked down the only fast bit would be up from the council houses and the road down to the pink house.
No real chance of him stowing away!
But plenty of sheds for him to be shut in.

Liz
16-Jul-10, 13:40
Dadie I have known of many cats who have turned up far away from home after going into a vehicle.Especially delivery vans as cats are very curious.:D

Dadie
16-Jul-10, 13:42
Unless they had a delivery themselves or in the council houses... the houses are too far apart for that!

Shabbychic
16-Jul-10, 13:59

Hopefully just AWOL!

Since when did Barrock become a pretty small place? There is miles and miles of farmland and many properties dotted about the place.

I also think your views on what may have happened to the poor cat rather brusque, considering the owners are very worried about Charlie.

Dadie
16-Jul-10, 14:25
Best to think the worst then get a nice surprise... than everyone telling you it will turn out ok and it doesnt!
It is a small place in that most people know each other and it still has a community spirit.
If you let one person know soon the whole village will keep a look out!

Shabbychic
16-Jul-10, 14:43
Best to think the worst then get a nice surprise... than everyone telling you it will turn out ok and it doesnt!
It is a small place in that most people know each other and it still has a community spirit.
If you let one person know soon the whole village will keep a look out!

That is such a negative outlook on life.

Barrock is hardly a village. I have family who have lived there for many years and they don't know everyone.

Anyway, I hope Charlie is found safe and sound. Never give up hope.:)

puffin croft
17-Jul-10, 14:24
is there any sign of charlie yet?

balto
17-Jul-10, 15:22
is there any sign of charlie yet?
was just wondering the same thing myself, hope he has been found. nothing worse than not knowing..

MRdeathcreeper
17-Jul-10, 16:32
Just to let you know that charlie has still not been found/returned home. If anyone in the Barrock area could check their shed's just in case it would be most appreciated. I think my partner and i have done all we can to find him, but are prepared for the worst!

Charlie is a very friendly cat and very inquisitive he's also a very vocal cat! so if he was locked in any place he would make his presence known. Our 10yr old tabby is starting to pine for charlie, so it's quite upsetting.

Charlie is Micro-chipped and has been registered as missing
but if anyone does find or hear him please let us know.

Shabbychic
17-Jul-10, 16:36
I have told those I know in Barrock to keep their eyes open for him. Fingers crossed he turns up soon.

Have you had a look at the old church at the end of Cooper's Cottages just in case he went in and can't get out?

balto
17-Jul-10, 16:51
i will keep my fingers and everything crossed that charlie comes home safe and sound.

MRdeathcreeper
20-Jul-10, 09:36
As I Wandered Bleary Eyed This Morning, In To The Living Room And Sat Down On The Sofa, A Small "Meow" Came From Next To Me. To My Surprise Charlie Was Curled Up In The Corner Of The Sofa, Looking Very Straggly And Very Sleepy.
I Shouted Through To My Partner To Come Through Quick, And He Couldn't Believe His Eyes.
We Are Absolutely Delighted That Our Boy Is Home, And Would Like To Thank Everybody For Their Messages Of Kindness And Concern.
The First Job This Morning Will Be To Nip To The Vets To Get Some Wormer, Now He Is Home From His Advanced "Hunting Trip"

Thanks To Everybody :D

Lauren, Andrew, Ringo, And Of Course.. Charlie

gunnlass
20-Jul-10, 10:03
So glad he's home, made my morning.

Dadie
20-Jul-10, 12:19
Wormer and flea treatment!
He was probably guarding a female cat that was in heat.. so no one else could get her too!
You will be blamed for all kittens for the next 4 months or so!
Give him a good check over for lumps and bumps as well.... when Frodo goes missing he usually turns up srcaped and cut needing antibiotics as well as needing wormed and flea treatment.

teenybash
20-Jul-10, 12:19
Happy days now that your boy is home again.....:)

Liz
20-Jul-10, 12:41
That is such brilliant news!!!!!!!!! Welcome Home Charlie.:D

Shabbychic
20-Jul-10, 15:28
That's great news. I just love a happy ending. :D

puffin croft
20-Jul-10, 20:52
fantastic news!! any chance of seeing a picture of your handsome lad?

MRdeathcreeper
21-Jul-10, 14:01
http://forum.caithness.org/]http://i25.tinypic.com/2ag7zfc.jpg

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/268/charlie2.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1908/charlie3s.jpg

These Are The Only Ones I Could Find Of Him On My Laptop. My Favourite One Is The Last One, He Was Rolling Around Sunning Himself And You Can See His Leopard Spots On His Tummy

MRdeathcreeper
21-Jul-10, 14:02
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/790/charlie1.jpg

MRdeathcreeper
21-Jul-10, 14:07
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/5408/charlie4g.jpg

balto
21-Jul-10, 14:58
delighted charlie came home safe and sound

puffin croft
21-Jul-10, 19:08
he is beautful,lovely markings;)