View Full Version : We going to be over run with Lairds

Welcomefamily
15-Jul-10, 19:32
http://www.scottishhighlandtitles.com/C_About_John_O_Groats.html
http://www.scottishhighlandtitles.com/B_About_Glencairn.html

I can sell 1500 plots in my back garden. :lol:

Bazeye
15-Jul-10, 21:03
Could be worse, I thought you meant the (ex) scouse shipbuilders.

George Brims
15-Jul-10, 23:39
I wonder if one of my farming relatives would sell me an acre of land so I can do this sort of nonsense as well. Seems to me their might be a few quid in it. Anyone fancy being Laird of Bower? Special discount for orgers.

Just remembered something that happened back in the 70s when I was at Uni in Edinburgh. Some of the pointy bits on the Scott Monument in Princes St crumbled from the acid rain, and toppled into the street. Luckily it was late one windy night so no-one was hurt. They scaffolded the whole thing and took off all the loose parts for replacement. A whole lot of it was stacked on the ground by the base, with numbers written on the individual pieces. I was coming back from a late night assignation one warm summery night, and there was a bloke with a local accent chatting to two American tourists, telling them all they had to do was pick out their favourite bit and give him the number, and he could have it shipped directly to them back in the States.

rob1
16-Jul-10, 09:38
I love this scam. All these people going around calling themselves 'Lord of whatever', it just makes me laugh.

I wouldn't bother about getting farming land, rather get an acre of moorland which will probable be cheaper to buy, perhaps a couple of grand?

1 acre = 43560 square feet at £24.99 a square foot = £1,088,564.4 kerching!

Beat Bug
16-Jul-10, 10:01
My sister in Dublin bought one for her American husband as a wedding present.

George Brims
16-Jul-10, 21:18
I wouldn't bother about getting farming land, rather get an acre of moorland which will probable be cheaper to buy, perhaps a couple of grand?
Is there a farm in Caithness that doesn't have at least a wee patch of moorland?