PDA

View Full Version : Girls Names

nicnak
15-Jul-10, 19:13
ok, we have been sat here tonight trying to come up with the most popular girls names in the Caithness area, what are your suggestions?

ShelleyCowie
15-Jul-10, 19:33
Sophie is quite popular aint it? :confused Also Kiera, Emily...i cant think.

If you go into the registry offices then they actually have lists of the most popular names through the last few years. Cant remember what the most popular name is. Sorry

EDDIE
15-Jul-10, 19:51
why does the name have to be popular what about different

ShelleyCowie
15-Jul-10, 20:06
why does the name have to be popular what about different

Unique names are the way to go! :Razz When people ask my sons name, i have to say it at least 3 times before they can say it. lol

nicnak
15-Jul-10, 20:21
My own children all have names that are different , we were just discussing what the most common names were, I said Erin & hubby said something else and so it went , just wondering what others thought, that tis all.

Kodiak
15-Jul-10, 20:21
The most popular name in Caithness is the same for both boys and girls as it is ....

Hey You !!

Bazeye
15-Jul-10, 21:01
Most popular boys name in Caithness in 50 years time (possibly less) will be Mohammad.

Corrie 3
15-Jul-10, 21:03
Sharon...oh no, sorry thats Essex isnt it?
:lol::lol:

brandy
15-Jul-10, 21:12
well my boys name is as old as time but no one can understand me when i say it.. his name is Ben.. but when i say Ben they seem to think im saying Bein or been or being or something to the like.. its BEN for heavens sake, not that hard *giggles*

Dadie
15-Jul-10, 21:18
After I chose Lauren as a name and went in to register her I think it was no 8 on the most popular list at the time!

balto
15-Jul-10, 21:18
well my boys name is as old as time but no one can understand me when i say it.. his name is Ben.. but when i say Ben they seem to think im saying Bein or been or being or something to the like.. its BEN for heavens sake, not that hard *giggles*
i get what you are saying, my eldest boy is called kian, but the amount of people that call him kieron, so frustrating, i have said countless times i am going to get a badge with his name on it so people know.

mumof2
15-Jul-10, 22:47
i think the most popular girls name was chloe and another popular one when Amy was born in 2004 was Emma.

rogermellie
16-Jul-10, 00:09
Chloe and Emma are still very popular, same goes for Sophie, Amy and Katie.

go for something different, traditional Scottish names are making a comeback.

what about sticking an 'ina' on the end of her dad's name ?

bagpuss
16-Jul-10, 01:01
so lets hear it for :
Kirsty
Freya
Jean
Janet
Helen

and names we'd rather not hear-
Britney
Jordan
Chlamydia (honest- someone did call a girl that)