PDA

View Full Version : The Hanger

veekay
15-Jul-10, 17:29
I suppose some of you out there will remember the Hanger. With all this fuss over the WADF it got me to thinking what happened to all the money raised for this project. I remember loads of money raising projects for the Hanger but nothing happened.

Any ideas?

veekay
15-Jul-10, 18:45
My apologies I didn't realise that they (WADF and the Hanger) were one and the same. Now I see why there is such a kick up and rightly so it has been going on for donkeys years. And where is all the money?

Tubthumper
15-Jul-10, 19:17
I hadn't heard about the Hanger connection. Can you tell us more Veekay?

Scunner
15-Jul-10, 19:35
'The Hanger' project began about 1988 and it was planned/hoped that it could be converted into a Sports Centre.

WICKER10
15-Jul-10, 20:25
Do not think The Hanger and WADF are the same .
The hanger was led by the late Cllr Anderson Murray and the swimming pool fund he had on the go i think this money went to the old Caithness Dist Council for a Wick Swimming Pool but got used elsewhere for a running track .
This Hanger project must of been some 25 years ago.

George Brims
15-Jul-10, 23:44
1) What does the acronym WADF mean? I'm guessing the "W" stands for "Wick" and the "F" for "Fund" but otherwise I'm clueless.
2) Is this "Hanger" actually something to do with a hangAr at the airport? Plenty space in one of those for a sport facility.

Tubthumper
15-Jul-10, 23:49
Wick Academy Development Fund. It's a Fund, which is run by some Wickers (no-one knows who) which has nothing whatsoever to do with Wick Academy FC and does nothing for Development in the area.

Also requests for information about the £200 000 donated into their hands are either ignored or brusquely dismissed. With sweary words apparently.

Blarney
15-Jul-10, 23:58
1) What does the acronym WADF mean? I'm guessing the "W" stands for "Wick" and the "F" for "Fund" but otherwise I'm clueless.
2) Is this "Hanger" actually something to do with a hangAr at the airport? Plenty space in one of those for a sport facility.

1) Wick Academy Development Fund (but of course if you read another thread on the subject you'll see why the football club has disassociated itself from this!!)
2) Yes it's definitely a hangar ( I wouldn't put my shirt on this one!!) ;)

bagpuss
16-Jul-10, 00:57
isn't the Hanger- the largest north of Brize Norton a listed building?

Phill
16-Jul-10, 10:42
isn't the Hanger- the largest north of Brize Norton a listed building?

Errrm no & no

Scunner
16-Jul-10, 13:07
The hanger project was run by Caithness District Council is association with Manpower Services and Community Programmes.

Kevin Milkins
16-Jul-10, 13:37
Wick Academy Development Fund. It's a Fund, which is run by some Wickers (no-one knows who) which has nothing whatsoever to do with Wick Academy FC and does nothing for Development in the area.

Also requests for information about the £200 000 donated into their hands are either ignored or brusquely dismissed. With sweary words apparently.

I also wrongly assumed that the "Wick Academy Development Fund", was something to do with the football club.:confused

Green_not_greed
16-Jul-10, 16:00
So its for Wick Academy then - a.k.a. Wick High School. The new school building perhaps? A great improvement on the current one......

veekay
16-Jul-10, 17:59
Oops looks like sorry again is in order I have really picked up the wrong end of the stick.

So let me get this right
WADF is nothing to do with the Hanger
No-one knows what is happening with WADF and/or the money
No-one knows what happened to the Hanger plans, money etc

Are you sure they are not one and the same it seems very careless for there to be two apparentely dodgy schemes in a little place like Caithness.