PDA

View Full Version : Portland arms weddings

AMyd666
15-Jul-10, 15:58
Hi
im planning on having a wedding at the portland and wonder if anyone could recommend it?

Cheers

ellimac
15-Jul-10, 17:17
[quote=AMyd666;736403]Hi
im planning on having a wedding at the portland and wonder if anyone could recommend it?

Cheers[/quot

I got married there a few years back now and I have been to a few weddings since and I would highly recommend it.... They couldn't do enough for us when we got married and we had an amazing day there.......:D

meu04223
15-Jul-10, 18:06
I was at a wedding there on Saturday and had a super time.:)

ashaw1
15-Jul-10, 21:28
Noticed in the job section they are currently looking to employ a new wedding planner so i guess that would depend on who they find to fill the vacancy!

Dadie
15-Jul-10, 21:32
Dont know what like they are now... as its changed hands a few times since we got married there... but it used to be good!
Nice hall and room for photos
and a loo you can get into with a big dress too!

Ajax
15-Jul-10, 21:35
really nice man who now runs the place ,great place for a wedding staff very good friendly and helpful cant fault the place highly recomennded

wicker8
15-Jul-10, 21:38
cant fault the place great for a wedding they know what you want etc ,nice new owner and as ajax says lovely staff i was made very welcome ,i would say book your wedding you wont regret it :Razz

Blarney
15-Jul-10, 23:26
cant fault the place great for a wedding they know what you want etc ,nice new owner and as ajax says lovely staff i was made very welcome ,i would say book your wedding you wont regret it :Razz
I would say that the fact that they are looking for a new wedding planner (and lots of other staff too) speaks volumes. It's a great venue but will there be any staff left by the time your wedding comes around ????:eek:

shamrock2007
16-Jul-10, 13:57
Think i'm with Blarney just look at the job vacancies on here! Don't think I would be taking the chance. We had our wedding reception in the Assembley Rooms & it was fab, loads of room! Good luck & best wishes for your big day

WICKER10
16-Jul-10, 16:26
No i would not take the Chance either .To many stories going about that place at the moment

meu04223
17-Jul-10, 18:52
The jobs vacancies were advertised before saturday and we had a great time regardless. I was pleased with the bar staff as we didn't have to queue at all for our drinks :)

ducati
17-Jul-10, 20:19
No i would not take the Chance either .To many stories going about that place at the moment

What stories? Care to share?

wicker8
18-Jul-10, 20:11
i also was at a wedding ,when they were awaiting nes staff and i can not fault them ,infact i would say they went out there way to be helpful ,just because a place is awaiting staff does not mean that the place its self is at fault ,once again i would highly recomenned it where ever you choose hope you have a great day

glaikit
18-Jul-10, 22:15
The Mackay's are advertising for staff at the moment, so I don't think that means anything.

Portland's always had an excellent reputation, has lovely bedrooms and a nice, big ballroom.

type2bus
19-Jul-10, 18:44
sorry to ask but did anybody hear of a wedding that had to be cancelled at the Portlands on Saturday night due to staff walking out or was this just a horrible rumour? im just asking as am having my wedding there in the not too distant future and beginning to panic would be gutted if i had to change it is a lovely hotel

superceltic
19-Jul-10, 18:52
that is def rubbish no truth at all i know someone who works in portlands and they were working on saturday night and they had a wedding on.
Typical horrible rumour of wick people see jobs advertised and add arms and legs onto it, dont suppose it crossed the persons mind who started this rumour that maybe portland arms are really busy and require more staff this is the busy season for hotels,maybe that is why mackays hotel advertised for staff as well.

veritas
19-Jul-10, 18:53
Just a horrible rumour wedding went fine no problems

where do these rumours come from !!!!!

type2bus
19-Jul-10, 19:06
Thank you so much for that i had a feeling it was just a horrible rumour, are'nt people nasty now adays, well thats another grey hair for me to dye ! lol :lol:

wicker8
19-Jul-10, 19:08
The Mackay's are advertising for staff at the moment, so I don't think that means anything.

Portland's always had an excellent reputation, has lovely bedrooms and a nice, big ballroom.
so very true :Razz

wicker8
19-Jul-10, 19:09
sorry to ask but did anybody hear of a wedding that had to be cancelled at the Portlands on Saturday night due to staff walking out or was this just a horrible rumour? im just asking as am having my wedding there in the not too distant future and beginning to panic would be gutted if i had to change it is a lovely hotel
not true just silly rumours

unicorn
19-Jul-10, 19:09
It is quite normal for hotels to increase their staff ratios in the summer season. I would not find that at all concerning.