PDA

View Full Version : this Asda petition

thickrodney
28-Jun-06, 23:04
With the revelation of hoax names on the petition, how does one know that someone is not inputting all the names themself?
I am sure in the past for online voting for a Rangers website that a Celtic man wrote a random program and so the results became laughable and the poll was quickly pulled.

Just a thought...

MadPict
28-Jun-06, 23:10
How could you imply such skullduggery?

2955 members of 'da Org
1856 signatures to 'da petishun (so far)

Hmmmmm.......

connieb19
28-Jun-06, 23:13
How could you imply such skullduggery?

2955 members of 'da Org
1856 signatures to 'da petishun (so far)

Hmmmmm.......You don't have to be a member of the org to sign the petition. :roll:

MadPict
28-Jun-06, 23:25
You don't have to be a member of the org to sign the petition. :roll:

Of course not - but it seems like the existence of this petition has got around very quickly bearing in mind it only opened on the 26th.
Even taking into account that the Org only has maybe 200 or so active members that means over 1600 people have been either contacted directly or by other means to log into the petition page.
Rigging of online petitions is one reason why I said they are rarely taken notice of. Unless Tugmistress or PetitionOnLine has got a cookie system or other measure setup to prevent multiple entries from one person then one person could be loading the votes....

...I'm just suspicious....

Naefearjustbeer
28-Jun-06, 23:39
The petition was a great talking point in a few places through the day and lots of folks were saying they hadnt heard about it but were going to go online to find it. Caithness is a small place you canna fart in Lybster without somone in wick getting a whiff of it.

mccaugm
28-Jun-06, 23:49
The listings are reviewed and unauthorised entries are deleted. When you sign the petition you must give your postcode so your entry can be checked.

I think the petition rocks....

A Acceptable
S Shopping
D Does
A Appeal;)

Niall Fernie
29-Jun-06, 10:44
Never mind the number of users on the forum, Caithness.Org itself (not including any sub section of the site like the forum) has had around 25,000 visitors since the petition was set up (based on unique IP numbers) and the majority of them hit the front page at least once during their visit (where the petition was also linked).

MadPict
29-Jun-06, 11:46
Thanks for the traffic figures Niall.
I'll include Caithness.Org front page in the "by other means" ;)