PDA

View Full Version : Bands in the early sixties

Anonymous
08-Nov-01, 21:46
Anyone about from the Caithness music scene of the early sixties? Must still be some of us alive despite the excesses of the time!! Where are you Donny, Mike, Billy, Dennis, Robbie, Sandy, Donnie and Iain?

Looking forward to reliving much Monkey Business!!

Anonymous
29-Nov-01, 22:36
this is Donnie Sinclair-ex-drummer with Federals--Actual Fakts--Umeandus--Jig Saw Puzzle.

Not sure who I am talking to. Is it Iain Campbell bass player, if so I've not heard of you since 1968.

drop me a line.

cheers

Anonymous
06-Feb-02, 23:04
Hi Donnie,

Yes it is me! I'm in Oxford and can be contacted at I.campbell1@physics.ox.ac.uk.

Love to hear from you.

Regards

Ian

Anonymous
11-Feb-02, 22:29
Hi,

I am Sandy's wife he was in the Federals, U Me and Us and the Actual Facts. We are still in Thurso

You can contact him at macleodd_2000@yahoo.com

Anonymous
10-Sep-02, 08:32
HI to all of you this could be called the ex-Federals page. This is Tommy Stewart also ex- drummer with the Federals and Second chance and Five Dollars. Sonny Flaws is a Shetland councillor , I'm in Milton Keynes, Donnie Sinclair of the Sinclair Brothers is in Barrow-in-Furness playing Trad jazz.

Great to hear from you all.
tommy

Magnus Flaws
21-Nov-06, 09:56
Hi everybody

Using my real name to log on but when at Dounreay known as Sonny, still remember all the days playing in the bands, Naver House and Viewfirth.Visited Wick and Thurso in september alot of flash backs.

Gleber2
21-Nov-06, 12:49
Hi everybody

Using my real name to log on but when at Dounreay known as Sonny, still remember all the days playing in the bands, Naver House and Viewfirth.Visited Wick and Thurso in september alot of flash backs.

Remember the Garrison and the Planet Sonny.[evil] First rock band to play in Shetland. TV arrived that same weekend. I have never been back.

golach
21-Nov-06, 17:05
Remember the Garrison and the Planet Sonny.[evil] First rock band to play in Shetland. TV arrived that same weekend. I have never been back.
I was a Saturday night regular at the Planets in the summer of 1960, I was working on the St Magnus for the summer season, fond memories of a couple o the lassies, especially "Wee Heavy" and "Babycham" :cool:

Gleber2
21-Nov-06, 21:46
Hi everybody

I was a Saturday night regular at the Planets in the summer of 1960, I was working on the St Magnus for the summer season, fond memories of a couple o the lassies, especially "Wee Heavy" and "Babycham" :cool:
Aye it was in 1964 we played in the Planets. So many people that we could not get off the stage at the break. Fond memories indeed!

MadPict
21-Nov-06, 21:55
The Highland Archive is always a good read ;)
http://www.internet-promotions.co.uk/archives/

Just scroll down to "Caithness - Northlands Rock"....

silversurfer
22-Nov-06, 22:31
Was 'Billy' Billy Moore - if so, I know how to put him in touch.