PDA

View Full Version : Lazy owners

findam
14-Jul-10, 23:05
As being school holidays my o/h took our children to reiss beach yesterday, when arriving on the beach in front of her was 2 women with 4 dogs, as soon as the dogs got on the beach one of them did a number 2 and the owner looked at each our asking each other if they had a bag both replying no and kept walking, after playing for a while and heading back the same people let 2 more of the dogs dirty again.

Why when you can get dog bags for FREE from the council offices cant people pick up after there dogs its there responsibility the dog can just nip to the toilet they don't now any better.

If you cant handle the responsibility of a dog like picking up poop DON'T GET ONE.

rant over.

Mrs Bucket
14-Jul-10, 23:31
Couldnt agree more pjotograph name em and shame em I say.

brandy
14-Jul-10, 23:40
eww thats just gross.. saying that there have been a time or two that i didnt pick up a poo on the beach.. but that was after the culprit had swallow'd too much sea water! lets just say nothing to pick up but a lot coming out!
but seriously.. me and my mate will take our dogs to the beach together.. and between us we usually have enough bags for all the dogs in caithness!
thats like leaving the house with your baby but without a nappy sack.. pure irresponsibility!

shazzy
15-Jul-10, 11:06
Hope they read this and are ashamed of themselves!! I buy the value food bags in a roll,easy to put into pocket.You should never take your dogs out without poo-bags,part of the responsibility of having a dog,you wouldn't like to step in it,so why should other people?:mad:

Dadie
15-Jul-10, 12:58
Oh
its a really bad day if I have the dog out without a bag or a pocket full of bags!
But im guilty of taking the kids out without nappy sacks...if not too bad a nappy I just fold and seal with the nappy tags!....and put it in my bag of tat...and try not to leave it in there too long!

Bazeye
15-Jul-10, 13:35
Should have picked it up yourself, followed them home and returned it through their letterbox.

Beat Bug
15-Jul-10, 15:05
Many years ago a man always walked his dog (not on a lead) past a friend's house, and the dog used to 'go' in her garden. The man just walked on, pretending not to notice. One day my friend picked it up in a bag, followed the man down the road, and handed it to him. She said 'I think this belongs to you. Your dog left it behind on my lawn'. It never happened again!

rogermellie
15-Jul-10, 17:05
what annoys me just as much as dog fowlers are the people who just tut and do nothing when they see it happening.

Bazeye
15-Jul-10, 17:43
Many years ago a man always walked his dog (not on a lead) past a friend's house, and the dog used to 'go' in her garden. The man just walked on, pretending not to notice. One day my friend picked it up in a bag, followed the man down the road, and handed it to him. She said 'I think this belongs to you. Your dog left it behind on my lawn'. It never happened again!

See your friends slightly more diplomatic than I am.

findam
15-Jul-10, 22:41
what annoys me just as much as dog fowlers are the people who just tut and do nothing when they see it happening.

its the dog owners responsibility to clean up after their dogs not others, your telling us you dont tut or grumble when you stand it some:~(

George Brims
15-Jul-10, 23:51
See your friends slightly more diplomatic than I am.
I was fixing the roof of my house years ago and a woman was about to let her dog poo in front of my house. We all have a 3 foot strip of either grass or gravel between the pavement and the kerb and it started to squat right there. I had been picking up dog poo from there for a whole year since we moved in, but had no idea whose dog was doing it. Now I had the culprit in sight. Resisting the impulse to simply throw my hammer, or a handful of three inch nails, I called out "Whatever gets dropped there will follow you home". Not only did the mystery poo stop, I never saw her walk the mutt on our street again.

bagpuss
16-Jul-10, 00:56
My neighbour in London got really hacked off at dogs fouling the pavement outside her house and deliberately left the poo there- without cleaning it up herself for a month. unfortunately someone slipped on it, and sued her for the damage to clothing and the injury sustained.

dog owners should take responsibility for their animals- Reiss beach is a favourite dog running spot- with most animals off the lead- and hard to know where they've been and gone and done things.

Rheghead
16-Jul-10, 01:07
I think Highland Council should adopt what they do on the Isle of Mann, they have designated dog-walking beaches where owners should pick up dog mess and designated dog-free beaches where dogs are not allowed at all. Lets be right about this, it is easy to miss seeing your dog fouling the beach, unless you've got eyes in the back of your head and especially if there are more than one. It is also easy to see your dog foul the beach and walk on without being seen to clear it up and there is no way on Earth that can be policed in practical terms. But it is definitely clear if a dog is on the beach with an owner and that would be of huge benefit for a dog patrol officer enforcing the byelaws in relation to a dog-free beach.

Crackeday
16-Jul-10, 04:43
It annoys when you get people walking ahead of their dogs and not looking back knowing that there gonna make a mess and only looking out of the corner of their eye!!! That way they can say they "never seen it!".
I walk mine in Argyle square The Bignold and the braehead and find everytime after the council cut the grass theres always a fresh supply of mess on the lovely cut grass, its so annoying for us that clean up after our dogs.[evil]