PDA

View Full Version : Colin Sinclair Memorial Banger Derby

Katy
14-Jul-10, 18:26
I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be a Banger Derby held in Memory of Colin Sinclair on Sunday 29th August 2010 at the Gala Track, Hill of Forss, Thurso.

Scrutineering starts at 9am and racing starts at 11am. Gates open at 8am.

For more information or entry forms please contact Alan Wade on 07775 029 547.

We are also looking for raffle prizes, if anyone has any prizes they could kindly dontate it would be very gratefully received and if you could call me on 07867 961 310 to arrange collection.

I have limited access to internet at the moment so if anyone wishes to send a pm I might take a few days to reply.

All proceeds will be going to local charities.

Afterwards will be a BBQ and Music in the Comm.

Katy x

Katy
25-Aug-10, 10:03
Just a wee reminder to everyone that the Colin Sinclair Memorial Banger Derby is on this Sunday at the Gala Track, Hill of Forss. Racing starts at 11am, fun day out for all the family. Good number of cars entered so should be a good day for all!

Hope to see you all there.

Katy x

poppett
25-Aug-10, 10:37
Is there disabled parking?

Toilet facilities?

Katy
26-Aug-10, 18:19
With regards to disabled parking i'm not sure how close you will get as its in a field which is pretty uneven. There will be car parking available in the field though.

There will also be toilets there.

Katy x

Katy
30-Aug-10, 17:44
I would like to thank everyone very much for all there support at the Banger Derby yesterday - a fab day was had by all and hope you all enjoyed it too.

A lot of time and effort got put into getting all the cars ready and we hope to see you all back next year!

A huge thank you to John Henderson for letting us use his field, Willie & Glynis Mackay for the fab job they done comparing and all there help.

Thank you to all the sponsors, Fire Brigade and St Andrews Ambulance and also to everyone who very kindly donated raffle prizes.

We don't have the final amount raised yet but as soon as we know i'll post it on here!

Thank you all again and looks like we'll having another one next year :)

Katy xx

caithnesslad
30-Aug-10, 20:31
Was a really good day out, good laugh, shame about the weather it was really windy and freezing !

I will definetely be entering next year :)

*Martin*
30-Aug-10, 21:46
It really was a great day! My only suggestion for next year would be to see about having the road alongside it diverted as one way for the duration of the event!

Katy
31-Aug-10, 10:59
Was a really good day out, good laugh, shame about the weather it was really windy and freezing !

I will definetely be entering next year :)

Delighted to hear your going to enter next year :) As soon as we have more info about it we'll post it on here but if you join the Colin Sinclair Memorial Banger Derby on facebook it will be kept updated with everything.

It was pretty chilly!

Thank you for your feedback Martin, all feedback good or bad is gratefully received and we will see what we can do for next year.

Katy x

Logical
31-Aug-10, 12:12
Wasn't able to make it unfortunately:( Hopefully catch it next year.
Anybody have any pics of the event?

Katy
31-Aug-10, 14:06
Wasn't able to make it unfortunately:( Hopefully catch it next year.
Anybody have any pics of the event?

We are hoping to get a lot of the pics uploaded onto a photo bucket website so everyone can have a look. As soon as we have this sorted we'll post the link on here :)

Katy x

attidude9464
31-Aug-10, 14:11
Audrey Gunn has hundreds of photos on her facebook page, which people should be able to view.

Katy
31-Aug-10, 14:17
People are also uploading pics onto the facebook page:-
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=134150429937627&ref=ts

Logical
01-Sep-10, 12:06
Some great pics there :)

Katy
01-Sep-10, 12:57
Louise Bain also has some photos on her website:
www.louisebainphotography.co.uk

Katy x

Thurso Loon
05-Sep-10, 21:48
hi everyone, ive started uploading vids onto youtube from the banger derby, hopefully by next weekend there should be a clip from just about every race on there. type in "thurso banger derby" in the youtube search bar or "sausageboy001" to get my channel where you can get the vids. had a great time at the banger derby cant wait for next year to race again.:cool:

Thurso Loon
05-Sep-10, 21:53
oops. its "thurso banger derby 2010" for youtube.:lol: