PDA

View Full Version : Road Crossings in Thurso

unicorn
13-Jul-10, 22:02
I thought I would post this here and see if I am just unlucky or if this is the norm.
In the last 2 days I have crossed 5 times at crossings in Thurso, dutifully waiting for the green man and 4 of those 5 times I have had to jump back onto the pavement as a car has come hurtling towards me.
Sadly I have not had the opportunity to get the numbers of these cars as they have shot past.
So my theory is either everyone is racing red lights or totally ignoring them or the lights at Tesco and Skinandis are off the timer?
Any one else had this problem?

pentlander
13-Jul-10, 22:14
Erm not me. Hope this helps.

Connor.
13-Jul-10, 22:16
I'm pretty sure it's folk trying to "chance an amber". It's happened to me on many occasion and i was severely close to being run down in tesco car park(on more than one occasion) because they think they have right of way at the zebra crossing.

Dadie
13-Jul-10, 22:24
Amber Gambler!
Not me may I add...usually wait for walkers to walk...if they do the will I wont I dance (you know one foot on then off then on) while you are waiting patiently(not reving the engine..handbrake on etc)... thats when I get fed up...dont curse....just wave and grin/grimace....

adi1
13-Jul-10, 22:36
What I would like to make people aware of is traffic turning left at the lights in St Johns Square onto Traill Street. I would say a large percentage of drivers cut the corner and their back wheels mount the pavement. There is kerbing there but it is more or less flush with the road.One day there will be someone seriously hurt there. imagine if you are pushing a pram up Traill Street and approaching that junction?
Drivers if you are turning left at the lights use a bit of common pull out far enough into the road before you start to turn left and if anyone from the council is reading maybe a some kind of higher kerbing will stop this happening?

ducati
13-Jul-10, 22:48
When I am aproaching a crossing you could walk out.

Are you feeling lucky?

Are you? [evil]

Connor.
13-Jul-10, 23:26
Well ducati, here's the situation:

Hit me, i sue you for not stopping at zebra crossing.
Don't hit me, we both go on our merry way.

Do you feel lucky? ;)