PDA

View Full Version : dump

kat300586
12-Jul-10, 14:27
hi i was jus wondering if anyone nos if it costs anythin to take stuff up to the dump in wick?i hav a load of stuff to take up but i was told it would cost me 25 for takin it up.

wickblast
12-Jul-10, 14:45
hi i was jus wondering if anyone nos if it costs anythin to take stuff up to the dump in wick?i hav a load of stuff to take up but i was told it would cost me 25 for takin it up.
its free if u take it up yourself:Razz

kat300586
12-Jul-10, 14:52
yeah thats wat i thought it was my neighbour that i asked to take it up in his van an he told me it will cost 25.ill hav to see if i can get someone else to do it for me that isnt gonna try an get money out o me for it.willin to pay petrol money for doin it tho but not 25.will be better gettin an uplift from the council

im behind you
12-Jul-10, 16:22
i think the council could charge £25 for uplifts.

Bazeye
12-Jul-10, 16:25
yeah thats wat i thought it was my neighbour that i asked to take it up in his van an he told me it will cost 25.ill hav to see if i can get someone else to do it for me that isnt gonna try an get money out o me for it.willin to pay petrol money for doin it tho but not 25.will be better gettin an uplift from the council

Dump it in your neighbours garden.

Hogfather
12-Jul-10, 17:06
If it goes to the dump in a van, it's considered 'trade' (even if it's a 'private' van, not a work-related one) and will cost (I think?), but if you can find a neighbour with a 'normal' car instead, it should be free :D

LoneSomeDove
12-Jul-10, 17:12
we use a van to dump household rubbish and never have been charged for it.
I believe it is 25 per uplift if you arrange for the council to remove it but is FREE if you do it yourself.

EDDIE
12-Jul-10, 19:57

If you put your mind to you would be amazed at what you can get in your wheelie bin if u try
£25 is nothing if he is going to load the stuff in this van for u and get rid of it

mentallywinnie
12-Jul-10, 21:39
Highland Council charge £15 for uplifts from your home!

kat300586
14-Jul-10, 11:49
If you put your mind to you would be amazed at what you can get in your wheelie bin if u try
£25 is nothing if he is going to load the stuff in this van for u and get rid of it

i was gonna load it in an take it out myself all he would be doin is drivin it across other side of town thats it.i wish i could fit it in the bit but i dont think a tumble dryer an a wardrobe an mattress etc is gonna fit in.

kat300586
14-Jul-10, 11:51
Dump it in your neighbours garden.

prob wouldnt even notice either lol

jeremyjester
14-Jul-10, 12:08
You might not be able to take white goods unless it's also a recycling centre.

Beat Bug
14-Jul-10, 16:47
We've taken white goods to Wick. No charge!

kat300586
14-Jul-10, 17:10
ill jus hav to get somone else to do it for me.

Bazeye
14-Jul-10, 18:19
You might not be able to take white goods unless it's also a recycling centre.

Do what Mick did and paint it black.

brandy
14-Jul-10, 23:43
they have a section for white goods at the wick center.. im up there every few weeks it seems! just took a load of plaster board up not long ago and we were ripping out a wall!
you can take pcs tv white good garden rubble scrap metal and well normal rubbish as well...

Dadie
15-Jul-10, 13:09
Just flatten the wardrobe..put the seats down in the car stack the wardrobe in neatly...roll up the mattress and tie it up and bung on top of the wardrobe!
1 trip!
come back for the tumble dryer and the other bits you have found in the meantime.
2 trips and you are sorted!

kat300586
16-Jul-10, 11:57
i will hav to wait for my mum to come back from her holiday an get her to help me