PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able and willing to allign a clutch?

caithnesslad
10-Jul-10, 22:21
Well i've been tampering with my car for the past two months, bought a new engine, driveshafts, loom ecu etc, So i decided to buy a new clutch after a friend fitted the old one and the release bearing was put on incorrectly, I've done everything so far and the gearbox is basically off, I just thought i would ask on here as i'm no pro on alligning a clutch, Willing to pay the person and i would take it to a garage if it was possible, I have sufficient tools and willing to help also, I have the new clutch and gearbox oil at the ready!

Car is located in Watten and is a peugeot 106,

Cheers!

EDDIE
10-Jul-10, 23:00
Well i've been tampering with my car for the past two months, bought a new engine, driveshafts, loom ecu etc, So i decided to buy a new clutch after a friend fitted the old one and the release bearing was put on incorrectly, I've done everything so far and the gearbox is basically off, I just thought i would ask on here as i'm no pro on alligning a clutch, Willing to pay the person and i would take it to a garage if it was possible, I have sufficient tools and willing to help also, I have the new clutch and gearbox oil at the ready!

Car is located in Watten and is a peugeot 106,

Cheers!

You dont need to be a pro to align a clutch up just if u have a clutch aligning tool thats half the battle but if not just use a extension bar and socket as a make do aligning tool and build the rest up using insulting tape and then just judge the alignment yourself your only aligning the clutch so the gearbox will go back on if you cant get the gearbox mounted the clutch aint aligned and if the gearbox mounts then u have done it correctly
Go and have a shot at aligning it its one of these jobs were you either align up first time or you have to play with it for a wee while but u will get it

upolian
11-Jul-10, 11:11
Give craig a shout?or his dad?

caithnesslad
11-Jul-10, 12:07
Put it on before but the thrust bearing came off the last time , would rather just have it done properly.

Bazeye
11-Jul-10, 13:45
Sorry cant help. The only thing I know about cars is if you dont get out the way, they knock you over.

ducati
11-Jul-10, 23:42
His won't [lol]

richard
12-Jul-10, 22:39
Raymond Henderson in watten.