PDA

View Full Version : Advice saught

Tatbabe
09-Jul-10, 23:06
Hi there.

I am currently living in Edinburgh but am considering moving to Caithness. Preferred area is Thurso but would consider other areas as well.

Am a PA / secretary for over 20 years and was wondering if ia business would be possible where I offer my experience in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, filing systems etc. on a freelance basis to companies of all sizes and categories.

Else, I take it getting a permanent / temporary PA / Secretary job is almost impossible?

Thanks for responding in advance.

Jen

Dog-eared
10-Jul-10, 12:51
If your'e looking for a PA/Secretary post, the first thing I'd do is edit out your typos ! :)

riggerboy
11-Jul-10, 15:10
i wouldnt bother but i do believe that tesco thurso may be employing shelf stackers part-time on saturday nights, dont know if that would suit,,,,,

as for a PA tiger woods is looking for a new 1 lol

annthracks
14-Jul-10, 14:53
I would wait until you found somewhere to live before moving up here Jen, and even then, think twice about moving. You've more chance of a job and accom south than you have north. There are no "get you by 'til a proper job comes up" jobs like McDonalds, Burger King, PizzaHut etc, and you are limiting yourself to a couple of supermarkets (Tesco and Co-op) and a boots (national chain wise)

tiger woods
16-Jul-10, 00:07
Hi there.

I am currently living in Edinburgh but am considering moving to Caithness. Preferred area is Thurso but would consider other areas as well.

Am a PA / secretary for over 20 years and was wondering if ia business would be possible where I offer my experience in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, filing systems etc. on a freelance basis to companies of all sizes and categories.

Else, I take it getting a permanent / temporary PA / Secretary job is almost impossible?

Thanks for responding in advance.

Jen
Do you require our bank account details, mothers maiden name and pets name in advance of you moving?

Nacho
16-Jul-10, 16:48
keep an eye on the Highland Councils vacancies section, they occasionally have admin posts advertised for up here, it's maybe not what you're looking for, but it could be a short term solution to you getting on your feet.

http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/employment/jobvacancies/

good luck !