PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so horrible?

squidge
09-Jul-10, 18:22
The Bruce rides a honda firestorm. Not a new one its getting on a bit - 'R' registered to be precise but its in great nick and he LOVES it. Keeps talking about replacing it but he just loves the thing so he always changes his mind.

Today it cut out on the way into work,for those interested this was on the culloden roundabout, because the numpty had left his lights on the other night he didnt have enough oomph in his battery to restart it so he pushed it along until he came to a farm track where he pushed it off the A96 up the track about 15 yards and onto some hardstanding at the side of the track, took the battery off it and got a lift into work from a mate that was passing.

He got in the car to Inverness at 08.41. He phoned me to ask me to bring the battery charger and arranged for his mate to come along with a spare battery and ride it to his work. I set off and as i was passing the lane at 09.45 i noticed that his bike was on its side on the ground. Fortunately as i was going to his work i passes a mate of ours and asked him to go lift it up for him. after dropping the charger at work for the Bruce i headed back tomeet our mate at the lane and there are blue flashing lights and some sort of conflab going on.

Seems that a mannie in a wagon across the road had seen a woman push the Firestorm down the lane and dump it, yes - that's dump it on its side on the ground. She pushed it over and the mannie heard the crash and phoned the police. He had a description of the car but no registration number. Despite the fact that there are only about three or four houses up this lane the policemannie was not much interested - he said it was a private road ( there is no sign to this effect), he said without a registration number there isnt much chance of doing anything about it. He said they do get fed up on this road of people parking cars to use mobile phones and the like as thought that gives her the right to damage anything she finds.

So the beloved Firestorm has a broken windscreen, a bent clutch lever and scratches to the exhaust and the faring. And this woman just gets away with it. Probably about £4 or 500 quids worth of damage. The Bruce is furious and really quite upset and i just cant beleive people think they have a right to behave this way. We phoned the papers and they came and took pictures this afternoon - maybe someone else will come forward as having seen something and maybe took a reg number but i'm not holding my breath.

I dont get it, What on earth was this woman thinking? It wasnt in the way - it was well off the farm track, it wasnt there any length of time - just about an hour thats all, its taxed and MOT'd and shiny - it certainly didnt look like it had been dumped. What posesses people to do things like this? I just dont get it!!!

Rheghead
09-Jul-10, 18:50
Perhaps she intended to move it just along a bit but the weight just took her by surprise and she wasn't able to control it?

Gordon Bonnet
09-Jul-10, 19:05
Perhaps she intended to move it just along a bit but the weight just took her by surprise and she wasn't able to control it?

A charitable interpretation for which I admire your benevolence and yes, it is a valid thoery..
I'd still be knocking upon everyone of those doors tonight.

squidge
09-Jul-10, 20:41
Rheghead maybe , however there wasnoneed for it to be touched or moved at all as it was not obstructing anything. Im not knocking on doors tonight and the Bruce isnt doing it at all!!!! He looks a scary dude even when he smiles - somewould say especially when he smiles- and needs security clearance for his work. Any police involvement in a simple knock on the door which terrifies the life out of some wifie would be frowned upon. I will be knocking on doors on Monday evening and asking of they would like to offer to pay for the damage.

Still dont understand what goes through a persons head to make them treat someone elses belongings like that. :~(

ducati
09-Jul-10, 20:46
Rheghead maybe , however there wasnoneed for it to be touched or moved at all as it was not obstructing anything. Im not knocking on doors tonight and the Bruce isnt doing it at all!!!! He looks a scary dude even when he smiles - somewould say especially when he smiles- and needs security clearance for his work. Any police involvement in a simple knock on the door which terrifies the life out of some wifie would be frowned upon. I will be knocking on doors on Monday evening and asking of they would like to offer to pay for the damage.

Still dont understand what goes through a persons head to make them treat someone elses belongings like that. :~(

Where is RB with his rope? [evil]

Anfield
09-Jul-10, 20:54

Jealousy or fear of all things bike wise.
These are the type of people who will confiscate a kids ball if it lands within 50 yards of "their property"

EDDIE
09-Jul-10, 23:49
Is bruce not in the aa or rac or another breakdown recovery so he can get it towed away and get a lift in the process bike is not the kind of thing you would leave at the side of the road incase it gets nicked or vandalised when u look at how most vehicles have computer management systems on them there is not a lot u can do on the side of the road in the event of a breakdown thats why its more important these days to be in a breakdown recovery scheme that what it was 20 years ago

squidge
10-Jul-10, 17:00
Is bruce not in the aa or rac or another breakdown recovery so he can get it towed away and get a lift in the process bike is not the kind of thing you would leave at the side of the road incase it gets nicked or vandalised when u look at how most vehicles have computer management systems on them there is not a lot u can do on the side of the road in the event of a breakdown thats why its more important these days to be in a breakdown recovery scheme that what it was 20 years ago

Yes Edie he is however he did not have a mobile phone with him - luddite - i know! So it was quicker to get his mate to pick the bike up and sortit out than try to arrange pick up. And thats exactly why he pushed the bike up the farm track away fromt he road - in fact pretty much out of sight of the A96 so no one would see it and think they could have it away in the back of a van sigh

riggerboy
10-Jul-10, 17:06
i hate her who pushed said bike over,,,,

as an ex-biker ,,, stopped cause i dont bounce like i used to,, i will do this hanging for free

set up the gallows there is work to be done

nice new nylon rope for her, wee bitty o a burn as it tightens round the scranny neck me thinks, while the temp gallows are up i think we should hand the newbie called tigerwoods just because hes a bampot lol

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em both for free, one time offer