PDA

View Full Version : WHS Playing Fields

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 13:10
Had a look around the playing fields this morning and there is plenty of room for the new school, swimming pool, games field and library. How come the artists impressions gave the impression of this option being cramped and the school building crammed in a corner of the area?

gollach
09-Jul-10, 13:23
I guess it depends who was paying the artist :roll:

riggerboy
09-Jul-10, 13:33
Had a look around the playing fields this morning and there is plenty of room for the new school, swimming pool, games field and library. How come the artists impressions gave the impression of this option being cramped and the school building crammed in a corner of the area?

no theres not ya bampot

_Ju_
09-Jul-10, 13:37
I am sure that your ground level perspective, along with your exacting eye for measurements dispenses any further consideration and belies the fact that if you print off the respective google maps, you can measure with a ruler (with much more accuracy than your ground level evaluation, I am sure), just how much space is available in each area.
Looking at a field, trying to imagine large three dimensional buildings there is not easy to do. even with their footprint layed out, the impact of the building once it grows to its final height is always that of being much larger than what you expect.
While you might call the artists impression less than exempt or imparcial, I am sure that your eye view could not be called those either.

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 13:39
As I remember from the meeting in the Assembly Rooms the running track and games field were in the same place as they are now (minus the running track.) The school should have been sited at the far end of the area outlined, which would be more acceptable to the residents who live near the school.

Invisible
09-Jul-10, 13:42
Ok so you build the school on the playing fields. Where you gonna put the playing fields?

Tiger I think i've found a bogey in this plan

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 13:45
no theres not ya bampot
I think you'll find there is. (and there is no need for the name calling)

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 13:48
Ok so you build the school on the playing fields. Where you gonna put the playing fields?

Tiger I think i've found a bogey in this plan
Like most other new schools built recently, on the site of the old school. It's not rock science now is it?

Invisible
09-Jul-10, 13:55
Like most other new schools built recently, on the site of the old school. It's not rock science now is it?

So you would build a playing fields right next to the public road and the street.

Bazeye
09-Jul-10, 13:59

Do you mean Geology?

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 14:00
So you would build a playing fields right next to the public road and the street.
Is that not what we have at the Bignold? There would also be the remaining frontage of the school which could house the new library and/or council officesand/or Rhind House.

Bazeye
09-Jul-10, 14:10
Is that not what we have at the Bignold? There would also be the remaining frontage of the school which could house the new library and/or council officesand/or Rhind House.

You're not a construction worker by any chance are you?

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 14:14
You're not a construction worker by any chance are you?
Nope! But you must admit, it does make sense.

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 14:27
no theres not ya bampot
Let me guess, you live near the school, dont you?

Venture
09-Jul-10, 14:36

You are right tiger there is more than enough room. If planned out properly, and not thrown together like in the artists impressions we have seen, this site could hold everything that the Bignold site would have to offer.

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 14:52
You are right tiger there is more than enough room. If planned out properly, and not thrown together like in the artists impressions we have seen, this site could hold everything that the Bignold site would have to offer.
The Bignold artist impression was made to look big, spacious and spread out, unlike the Playing Fields artist impression, small, cramped and boxed in.
The Highland Council seemed to want to 'sell' the Bignold option to the audience.
Heres a thought, how would the council 'recover' some or all of the money they will spend on a new school? Playing fields, they wont. Bignold Park, they will by selling the land for housing.
This is why the Bignold is the council's prefferred option. They'll give Wick nothing if it costs something, they want to spend the money in Inverness or the surrounding area. Caithness councillors have been pressured into 'delivering' the Bignold option. Simple as that!

Venture
09-Jul-10, 15:10
The Bignold artist impression was made to look big, spacious and spread out, unlike the Playing Fields artist impression, small, cramped and boxed in.
The Highland Council seemed to want to 'sell' the Bignold option to the audience.
Heres a thought, how would the council 'recover' some or all of the money they will spend on a new school? Playing fields, they wont. Bignold Park, they will by selling the land for housing.
This is why the Bignold is the council's prefferred option. They'll give Wick nothing if it costs something, they want to spend the money in Inverness or the surrounding area. Caithness councillors have been pressured into 'delivering' the Bignold option. Simple as that!

It was very interesting to hear from members of the public at the meeting, that Pentland Housing are interested in building houses on the site. Of course our local councillors and the HRC officals denied this was the case. Who do we believe?:roll:

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 15:53
It was very interesting to hear from members of the public at the meeting, that Pentland Housing are interested in building houses on the site. Of course our local councillors and the HRC officals denied this was the case. Who do we believe?:roll:
No smoke without fire.
If we do end up with the Bignold site for the new school they will probably wait a suitable ammount of time before they sell the land off. They think we are all idiots and we dont know what is going on.
Never mind, the election in two years will sort them out, people will remember, especially the one who mooted the Bignold site in the first place. How thick is he? - Admitting to that in front of the meeting when any idiot could see that the vast majority were dead against the Bignold. And he's supposed to represent us on the Highland Council, they must be cacking themselves laughing!!!

PantsMAN
09-Jul-10, 15:53
Why are people keen to get into a discussion based on the fact that someone has had a look around the playing fields or a look around the Bignold.

Nothing further can be done until the consultation process is fully initiated - and then there are all the other external financial factors which are out there...

What is a greater concern is the increase to global warming caused by all this excess hot air and conspiracy theorists.

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 15:55
Why are people keen to get into a discussion based on the fact that someone has had a look around the playing fields or a look around the Bignold.

Nothing further can be done until the consultation process is fully initiated - and then there are all the other external financial factors which are out there...

What is a greater concern is the increase to global warming caused by all this excess hot air and conspiracy theorists.
Then keep your mouth shut then.

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 15:58

Highland Council just love people like you and no doubt wish we were all like you. But we're not, mercifully.

PantsMAN
09-Jul-10, 15:58
Ah, the sound of a reasoned debater!

Then keep your mouth shut then.

Well, we know what to expect from this big pussy cat :lol:

AND DON'T DISAGREE WITH ME CAUSE I'M A TIGER

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 16:01
Ah, the sound of a reasoned debater! -" I don't like what you say so shut up!"

Well, we know what to expect from this big pussy cat :lol:

AND DON'T DISAGREE WITH ME CAUSE I'M A TIGER
Are you on the council perhaps?

PantsMAN
09-Jul-10, 16:02
Highland Council just love people like you

And what exactly are people like me like then, oh great font of wisdom?

Are you on the council perhaps?

Oh dear, the sound of a straw being grasped, one fancies!

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 16:12
And what exactly are people like me like then, oh great font of wisdom?

Oh dear, the sound of a straw being grasped, one fancies!
There'd be an infraction if I told you.
If you dont want to debate sensibly, stay off the thread. Dont you have a planet to save anyway?

bagpuss
09-Jul-10, 16:34
think of this one. For decades the residents of West Banks Avenue hav e had WHS on their doorstep- problems with parking- especially on parents evenings and on occasions where the school was in use. They might be interested in any planned changes. Dingwall and Millburn former schools became youth hostels remember. Older schools are rarely demolised- jut put into different use. The good folk of Northcote Street have all of this to look forward to.

But hey- could be worse- they might be planning a supermarket for one of these sites. Anyone for Asda?

tiger woods
09-Jul-10, 16:46
think of this one. For decades the residents of West Banks Avenue hav e had WHS on their doorstep- problems with parking- especially on parents evenings and on occasions where the school was in use. They might be interested in any planned changes. Dingwall and Millburn former schools became youth hostels remember. Older schools are rarely demolised- jut put into different use. The good folk of Northcote Street have all of this to look forward to.

But hey- could be worse- they might be planning a supermarket for one of these sites. Anyone for Asda?
I would think that any resident in the area of the school chose to live there, being that the school was built in 1911.
As I said earlier, the school should be situated at the far end of the playing fields and accessed from further up Newton Road.
While I'm on this subject, can anyone tell me how it is that the Bignold Park is at the 'heart of the community' and the playing fields, a mere 500 yards away is on the 'outskirts of the town. Again, clever use of wording by councillors in order to sell Bignold Park. Do they think we are all stupid?

glaikit
09-Jul-10, 16:54
I would think that any resident in the area of the school chose to live there, being that the school was built in 1911.
As I said earlier, the school should be situated at the far end of the playing fields and accessed from further up Newton Road.
While I'm on this subject, can anyone tell me how it is that the Bignold Park is at the 'heart of the community' and the playing fields, a mere 500 yards away is on the 'outskirts of the town. Again, clever use of wording by councillors in order to sell Bignold Park. Do they think we are all stupid?

The short answer to your question is yes [evil] but they may be proved wrong this time. I hope so.

PantsMAN
09-Jul-10, 22:57
If you dont want to debate sensibly, stay off the thread.

You don't appear to want debate; you appear to want people to share your point of view or else "shut up" or " stay off the thread".

My side of the debate was that nothing can be done until the full public consultation; sorry if that doesn't agree with your train of thought.

tiger woods
10-Jul-10, 14:49
You don't appear to want debate; you appear to want people to share your point of view or else "shut up" or " stay off the thread".

My side of the debate was that nothing can be done until the full public consultation; sorry if that doesn't agree with your train of thought.
Councillors will love to hear that you advocate doing nothing until the full public consultation, giving them time to plan their strategy for the Bignold. I say the pressure needs to keep being applied, which will focus their attention on keeping both options balanced and fair.
You can fiddle while Rome burns if you wish.
Me? I'll keep attempting to engage opinion and fight my corner when 'people like you' encourage apathy. By the way, the prospect of a new school is the important thing here, where it is, is of secondary importance. I just like the idea of fairness and balance, and hate the idea of men (and women) in suits thinking they have some kind of intellectual superiority over me and the general public, (it's clear they have the intellectual high ground over you.)
Pantsman, you can 'doff your cap' if you wish and be a good little obedient servant, I'll choose to speak up for myself.
If that's alright with you!!

riggerboy
10-Jul-10, 15:20
I think you'll find there is. (and there is no need for the name calling)

no theres not and this thread shows

you are a bampot,,,,

tiger woods
10-Jul-10, 15:38
no theres not and this thread shows

you are a bampot,,,,
Is this the level you function at?
Like a child who says something out of order and can't explain why. Put your dummy back in and say something sensible.
Way too much aggression!!!!

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 16:51
Is this the level you function at?
Like a child who says something out of order and can't explain why. Put your dummy back in and say something sensible.
Way too much aggression!!!!

Just riggerboy.....well....erm... being riggerboy really. As youre new to the org you'll discover that yourself in time ya bampot.

tiger woods
10-Jul-10, 17:07
Just riggerboy.....well....erm... being riggerboy really. As youre new to the org you'll discover that yourself in time ya bampot.
I see, the org bully boy.
Those who dont have the intellegence to debate and argue their point, fight.
Those who are too scared to fight, name call.
Those who aren't good at name calling, call people bampots.
Sooo saaad!!

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 17:32
Where you posting from anyway Tiger, you from Caithness?