PDA

View Full Version : Completely quackers?

Green_not_greed
08-Jul-10, 23:10
I see from the BBC news that some men kidnapped a penguin from Dublin Zoo and made off with it - in a taxi!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/10560178.stm

The penguin has since been found and returned to the zoo without any apparent harm.

Now I can see them hiding a penguin between a couple of pints of Guinness, but I did think that a taxi driver would notice the beak.....

I'm sure there are some bird jokes here, but none spring to mind.

Please note that this is a serious thread about penguin welfare and any flippant comments may be seized upon by moderators and removed. Flipper comments are, however, completely acceptable.

GNG

Fluff
08-Jul-10, 23:12
poor penguin :(

golach
08-Jul-10, 23:13
They thought it was a small Nun [lol]

Nacho
08-Jul-10, 23:20
lol great story

"The penguin went missing this morning at 8am but due to the security measures that are in place at Dublin Zoo and the rapid response of gardai, the penguin was soon recovered and returned.
these will be the same security measures that allowed a penguin to be stolen in the first place ? :confused

'The spokesman said the zoo was very annoyed and felt that the incident was neither frivolous nor amusing.'

but how did the penguin feel about the whole thing ? bet he had a great time and was the envy of his mates when he was returned.

anyway, why steal a penguin ? surely meerkats are this years must have zoo animal.

series2A
08-Jul-10, 23:45
This post should be removed, it's frivolous and is not amusing. People on here talking about this penquin as though it's a living being it's not it's just a chocolate biscuit or as New yorkers would say "bisqiut"

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-10, 23:52
When the taxi driver was called, was he told to go and pick up a penguin?:lol:

Phill
09-Jul-10, 09:18
When the taxi driver was called, was he told to go and pick up a penguin?:lol:

Nah, pick up a p..p..p...penguin surely!