PDA

View Full Version : Fugitive in Caithness

Nacho
08-Jul-10, 23:06
Don't worry, Raoul Moat hasn't made his way up here (or at least not yet), but this got me thinking...

if you were a fugitive from the law and were trapped in Caithness by road/rail/harbour checks, where would you hide out ?

me ? i'd hide in one of the Camster cairns with a carry out and enough lidls tinned tatties, curries and bog roll to last me ad infintum ...

not sure what i'd do if the found me, maybe point my arse down the tunnel and let rip :eek:

oldchemist
09-Jul-10, 16:58
I'd drive around with a mobile phone stuck to my lug - the polis don't seem to see you if you do this.

bagpuss
09-Jul-10, 17:03
Given how few people recognise anyone in Caithness these days, I think all he's need to do would be to hang round Tesco 24/7 (but leave the guns outside)

gollach
09-Jul-10, 18:02
I'd drive around with a mobile phone stuck top my lug - the polis don't seem to see you if you do this.

Sad, but true.

ciderally
09-Jul-10, 18:11
Given how few people recognise anyone in Caithness these days, I think all he's need to do would be to hang round Tesco 24/7 (but leave the guns outside)
ye gods ...I so like this ha ha ha ha :)

Rheghead
09-Jul-10, 18:37
Don't worry, Raoul Moat hasn't made his way up here (or at least not yet), but this got me thinking...

if you were a fugitive from the law and were trapped in Caithness by road/rail/harbour checks, where would you hide out ?

me ? i'd hide in one of the Camster cairns with a carry out and enough lidls tinned tatties, curries and bog roll to last me ad infintum ...

not sure what i'd do if the found me, maybe point my arse down the tunnel and let rip :eek:

I'd follow the guidelines which were issued to the British Homeguard during WW2 or even better I'd go to the hideout which they made locally and go there. The turf is still on the roof and would be impossible to see.

Invisible
09-Jul-10, 19:26
my house, they would never think to look there.

Corrie 3
09-Jul-10, 20:08
My Wallet,
No one is ever going to get in there!!!

Safest place on Earth!!

:lol:

Gordon Bonnet
09-Jul-10, 20:14
The rough end of Lybster seems like a forlorn place nobody would look - unless the cheap houses attract them.

donnick
09-Jul-10, 20:20
i would go to portgower as they wouldnt EVER LOOK :eek: there

Corrie 3
10-Jul-10, 09:33
The rough end of Lybster seems like a forlorn place nobody would look - unless the cheap houses attract them.
He woudnt last long there, the Polis are always in and out of there !!

:roll:

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 14:13
He killed himself. Good, at least we wont be forking out for him.

tiger woods
10-Jul-10, 16:17
Many unanswered questions though.
Where was he hiding?
Did they check the drain?
Did they fire the tazer before he shot himself?
Did they fire the tazer after he shot himself?
Did he shoot himself?
Was he wandering around the streets of Rothbury?
Why didn't they act on intelligence from Durham Prison?
Did they want him dead or alive?
Were they slow in following up sightings?
Why didn't they stake out his friends house after he visited it on Tuesday?Was acting Chief Constable Simm inteviewing for the job on a permanent basis?
Will acting Chief Constable Simm get the job on a permanent basis?
Will they cover it all up?

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 16:46
A psycho on the loose with a shotgun threatening to kill people? Tazers shouldnt come into the equation, shoot to kill. IMO.

ducati
10-Jul-10, 17:45
How come they let him out early?

I understood you are assessed when you are due for early release to make sure you; aren’t a raving loony, a danger to the public and are sorry!

Mr Moat was a raving loony, a danger to the public and not sorry.

Somebody should be fired! I bet they won’t be :mad:

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 17:51
How come they let him out early?

I understood you are assessed when you are due for early release to make sure you; aren’t a raving loony, a danger to the public and are sorry!

Mr Moat was a raving loony, a danger to the public and not sorry.

Somebody should be fired! I bet they won’t be :mad:

Somebody was fired.:lol:

Phill
10-Jul-10, 21:57

Aye, at least he did the decent thing. Thinking of the country in these austere times.

Bazeye
10-Jul-10, 22:11
Aye, at least he did the decent thing. Thinking of the country in these austere times.

After all there is acredit crunch dont'cha know.