PDA

View Full Version : peeing dog

neelie
08-Jul-10, 22:44
my 11 month old dog has started peeing in the house again. usually when we come in or when we come down the stairs in the morning. he was totallly house trained for the past few months. any ideas ?

Dadie
08-Jul-10, 22:50
He is getting too excited!
Try ignoring him and avoid eye contact and fussing him and just open the door and let him out for a pee, then after he has had a pee reward him with the attention he craves!

_Ju_
09-Jul-10, 06:39
Is he doin a great big pee, a small squirt like "hoisting leg and marking territory" pee or a "I'm so exited that you woke up so I can't hold it in" small pee?

If the first, it might be that the time between last time at night and first in the morning is too long and he needs an extra outing at night.
If he is marking territory, then you can try cleaning the corner very well, reprimanding him as you catch him "in action". He will probably grow out of it if you are consistant in training and removing the smell (remember, he can smell it even if you cannot). If he doesn't grow out of it then the snip sometimes helps.
If it is an exitment thing, then toning down the intial god morning ritual until you get him outside might help, but he will eventually grow out of it.

porshiepoo
09-Jul-10, 07:42
Is he castrated? 11 months old, he could be getting to that marking stage (although it doesn't sound like marking) ? If he's entire and you've tried everything else then it could be worth considering.

dbooth82
09-Jul-10, 10:23
yip they cam them down after that well should do any way ,talk to your vet ,if the dog is a bit loopy like my 1 was god lolz lot of hard work and trainin to do,really more claps you give the more loopy they go so only a couple a day not to over the top tho ,:Razz good luck lolz