PDA

View Full Version : T.v licence

ciderally
08-Jul-10, 19:10
ahggggeeeeee boy oh boy do I hate paying this every year £145.50p wonder why the 50p:(

ciderally
08-Jul-10, 19:12
sorry meant to put this under general..... :(

Bobinovich
08-Jul-10, 19:46
With you on that CA - I have Sky and while it is expensive I at least get plenty of choice for my money. The TV license fee only covers BBC stuff which is rarely ever watched, but you have no choice but to pay it :(.

ciderally
08-Jul-10, 20:55
With you on that CA - I have Sky and while it is expensive I at least get plenty of choice for my money. The TV license fee only covers BBC stuff which is rarely ever watched, but you have no choice but to pay it :(.

geez it states in the letter that if u watch tv, record it or view on pc by law u have to pay the licence .. , really its only eastenders i watch on bbc ...:roll: hee hee ah well thats my moan over with, mind u eastenders was good 2night preacher just killed his wife....?????

alanatkie
08-Jul-10, 21:39
I pay mine by d.d monthly it is far easier & breaks the cost up over 6 months for 1st licence then 6 months in advance for the next. It can all be done on line to which is great.

ShelleyCowie
08-Jul-10, 21:41
I pay mine by d.d monthly it is far easier & breaks the cost up over 6 months for 1st licence then 6 months in advance for the next. It can all be done on line to which is great.

I do mines the same! Changed it 2 years ago and would never go back to paying bulk. Kept getting the letter through and i would always forget about paying it. Direct debit far easier for me. Dont miss the money going out now.

And yes i hate paying it too, i can honestly say i watch nothing on BBC channels. and i mean absolutely nothing....but its something that has to be payed!

Aaldtimer
09-Jul-10, 04:04
I pay mine with DD too.
I have to step in here to defend the BBC, which I think make some of the most wonderful programmes about Wildlife, the Environment, the Arts, Drama...yeh they do Doctor Who too, but I'll forgive them for that!
Sheesh, a bargain, and a National Institution!:)

ciderally
09-Jul-10, 17:32
yea think i will go with D.D. as i cant make myself dish out the dosh :(

EDDIE
12-Jul-10, 20:02
I pay mine with DD too.
I have to step in here to defend the BBC, which I think make some of the most wonderful programmes about Wildlife, the Environment, the Arts, Drama...yeh they do Doctor Who too, but I'll forgive them for that!
Sheesh, a bargain, and a National Institution!:)

But why is it the bbc needs funding from the tv licence and channel lik stv get nothing why cant bbc raise there own money

Scarybiscuits03
13-Jul-10, 14:35
Just don't pay it! lol
I know a guy that has never had a licence and he's had the "enforcers" round on a number of occassions and he just throws them off his property and threatens to phone the police as they have no right to be there. There is nothing they can do if they cannot prove you have a tv and you dont have to let them in.
I've had letters off them for the past 2 years and so far not even had someone knock on my door - can't wait until they do!

EDDIE
13-Jul-10, 18:10
Just don't pay it! lol
I know a guy that has never had a licence and he's had the "enforcers" round on a number of occassions and he just throws them off his property and threatens to phone the police as they have no right to be there. There is nothing they can do if they cannot prove you have a tv and you dont have to let them in.
I've had letters off them for the past 2 years and so far not even had someone knock on my door - can't wait until they do!

I think that guy is telling you porkys the enforcers deal with that type of scenary all the time they can get search warrants when ever you buy a new tv u have to give your postcode to the shop befor e u can buy it and thats registered to the tv licences crowd?

Scarybiscuits03
13-Jul-10, 18:55
I just bought a new tv from Argos and didnt have to give my postcode? And I wouldn't have given mine if they asked!
Honestly if you look into the licensing laws its very cleverly worded and you can get around it, this guy has been doing it for years now and the licensing board have given up now. Like I said I've been getting letters for years and never even had anyone come to investigate!

ciderally
14-Jul-10, 00:01
I just bought a new tv from Argos and didnt have to give my postcode? And I wouldn't have given mine if they asked!
Honestly if you look into the licensing laws its very cleverly worded and you can get around it, this guy has been doing it for years now and the licensing board have given up now. Like I said I've been getting letters for years and never even had anyone come to investigate!

Is this for real???? what about those folks that you used to see in the groat getting fined and stil lhaving to buy a licence ....

Aaldtimer
14-Jul-10, 03:25
But why is it the bbc needs funding from the tv licence and channel lik stv get nothing why cant bbc raise there own money

Because, mercifully, the BBC is adverts free!:confused

Scarybiscuits03
15-Jul-10, 11:06
Is this for real???? what about those folks that you used to see in the groat getting fined and stil lhaving to buy a licence ....

They must have been able to prove they had a tv - they may have let them in, I believe the enforcement officers are good at coming across as quite scary and intimidating.
Like I said, canna wait for a visit from them so I can play!!!

P.S it is better to play it safe and just buy one, pay by DD monthly!