PDA

View Full Version : Rip Off 'KW1' Shipping Charges, Again! (Plus An Ebay Seller To Avoid)

Gizmo
08-Jul-10, 12:44
I was searching Ebay for a new coffee table, and i found one that i really liked that has shipping listed as "Free to UK Mainland, of course...the seller had some postcode exclusions that would need to be quoted for, KW was one of the postcode areas excluded, so i sent the seller a message asking for a quote. I have just recieved the email with the quote, and they want £98 to deliver it....that is just a complete joke and rip-off. The Aberdeen postcode are isnt excluded from their free delivery service, so it's actually £98 for the extra 200 miles north the coffee table has to travel.....i am absolutely lived about this.

The sellers business name is "Quatropi Limited"

This their Ebay store, just so you know to avoid them like the plague.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Quatropi-Ltd

Here is the coffee table i liked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120591258076&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Btw....i must be getting old as i have just sent them a strongly worded email in reply :lol:
.................................................. .................................................. ..........

"Dear quatropi,

Have you cone completely mad?, perhars you should brush up on your UK geography, I am on the MAINLAND of the UK, in the far north, and you want £98 for delivery???...i've had bigger furniture items than that coffee table delivered for around £15 or £20. It's a coffee table for gods sake, why does it need to go on a pallet?

Here is a Google map for the KW1 postcose area, i suggest you rethink your shipping policy or you will never do any business in this area.
I could contact a courier myself and have that item collected and delivered for no more than £30. Your postcode exclusions are KW, IV and TR, there is no mention of AB, which is Aberdeen, so it would be free delivery to Aberdeen?, and you somehow thing that it would cost an extra £98 for the other 200 miles north it would have to travel??...i think you need to have a word with your courier.

Appologies for being so blunt, but being ripped off on shipping due to geographical ignorance is something that makes me furious.

Andrew"

Now...that's made me feel slightly better :lol:

ducati
08-Jul-10, 12:49
I was recently quoted £20 delivery for 2 small suspension bushes that would have gone by letter post costing about £2.00

I sent them a similar email :eek:

Leanne
08-Jul-10, 12:55
I've found that if you email them a polite message explaining the geography they usually offer the free p&p. Did you ask before you sent the email? You can't be furious at someone for their ignorance - just educate them :)

I've just ordered a bedroom suite and phoned them to ask if they could do me a deal on postage and they offered to include installation and also threw in a free one of these (http://www.heirloombeds.co.uk/shop/gents-valet-p-63.html) (yes we've gone for traditional mahogany furniture).

If you don't ask, you don't get ;)

Dadie
08-Jul-10, 13:12
Leanne that looks nice!

We have had some nasty dealings with some unscruplious dealers on EBay and can sympathise with Gizmos fustration.

The only negative feedback we have had on EBay was because a seller put free postage for UK mainland (no postcode restrictions) and after the dispute they left neg feedback after we did!

At least we got our money back... but I so desperately needed a playpen at the time:eek:

Sometimes if you ask nicely it works other times you have a fight on your hands and other times its best to walk away!

Venture
08-Jul-10, 13:43
I've found that if you email them a polite message explaining the geography they usually offer the free p&p. Did you ask before you sent the email? You can't be furious at someone for their ignorance - just educate them :)

I've just ordered a bedroom suite and phoned them to ask if they could do me a deal on postage and they offered to include installation and also threw in a free one of these (http://www.heirloombeds.co.uk/shop/gents-valet-p-63.html) (yes we've gone for traditional mahogany furniture).

If you don't ask, you don't get ;)
If I was able to order a full bedroom suite at the prices they quote, I'd be expecting delivery for free.[lol]

Leanne
08-Jul-10, 14:11
If I was able to order a full bedroom suite at the prices they quote, I'd be expecting delivery for free.[lol]

It's handcrafted furniture - the prices are pretty reasonable. Cheaper than some local stores charge for flatpack, mass manufactured funiture. I've seen their workshop (they are next door to the riding shop I used to go to) so I know the quality :)

riggerboy
08-Jul-10, 14:19
if you dont want to pay the postage why dont you get in you car and go pick the bloody thing up yersel, how many time are we going to see the same angry posts on here about bloody postage, will you be able to get in the car and drive to get it and back for £98, even going to aberdeen with yer time taken into account i doubt if you could do it for the £98,
this is the price you pay for not shopping local, then be the first to complain about the shops local shutting,

not getting at gizmo ,,,, just getting at everyone cause i can

teenybash
08-Jul-10, 14:24
I use Ebay a lot and always avoid the sellers who plainly rip off because of postcode. At the moment I am waiting on a compact dishwasher arriving with a courier charge of £15....can't get better than that.....There are good sellers if you look for them.:)

telfordstar
08-Jul-10, 17:46
I was searching Ebay for a new coffee table, and i found one that i really liked that has shipping listed as "Free to UK Mainland, of course...the seller had some postcode exclusions that would need to be quoted for, KW was one of the postcode areas excluded, so i sent the seller a message asking for a quote. I have just recieved the email with the quote, and they want £98 to deliver it....that is just a complete joke and rip-off. The Aberdeen postcode are isnt excluded from their free delivery service, so it's actually £98 for the extra 200 miles north the coffee table has to travel.....i am absolutely lived about this.

The sellers business name is "Quatropi Limited"

This their Ebay store, just so you know to avoid them like the plague.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Quatropi-Ltd

Here is the coffee table i liked

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120591258076&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Btw....i must be getting old as i have just sent them a strongly worded email in reply :lol:
.................................................. .................................................. ..........

"Dear quatropi,

Have you cone completely mad?, perhars you should brush up on your UK geography, I am on the MAINLAND of the UK, in the far north, and you want £98 for delivery???...i've had bigger furniture items than that coffee table delivered for around £15 or £20. It's a coffee table for gods sake, why does it need to go on a pallet?

Here is a Google map for the KW1 postcose area, i suggest you rethink your shipping policy or you will never do any business in this area.
I could contact a courier myself and have that item collected and delivered for no more than £30. Your postcode exclusions are KW, IV and TR, there is no mention of AB, which is Aberdeen, so it would be free delivery to Aberdeen?, and you somehow thing that it would cost an extra £98 for the other 200 miles north it would have to travel??...i think you need to have a word with your courier.

Appologies for being so blunt, but being ripped off on shipping due to geographical ignorance is something that makes me furious.

Andrew"

Now...that's made me feel slightly better :lol:

Nice one Gizmo :), next time that happens to me regarding delivery I will be copying that message!

Did you happen to get a reply?

George Brims
08-Jul-10, 18:00
It strikes me the person getting the angry emails should be the bampot at the Post Office who decided to lump in Caithness with Orkney in the post codes. Probably long dead by now mind you.

sandyr1
08-Jul-10, 18:22
Come on people...
There is a cost for living in Utopia!

Duncansby
08-Jul-10, 18:58
this is the price you pay for not shopping local, then be the first to complain about the shops local shutting

Just what I was thinking, use it or lose it!

Gizmo
08-Jul-10, 18:59
if you dont want to pay the postage why dont you get in you car and go pick the bloody thing up yersel, how many time are we going to see the same angry posts on here about bloody postage, will you be able to get in the car and drive to get it and back for £98, even going to aberdeen with yer time taken into account i doubt if you could do it for the £98,
this is the price you pay for not shopping local, then be the first to complain about the shops local shutting,

not getting at gizmo ,,,, just getting at everyone cause i can

I dont have a car, and even if i did, their warehouse is in Nuneaton, which is near Birmingham, and you think you could drive there and back for £98?...yer havin a giraffe.

And as for not shopping locally, if you can find me a maple veneered coffee table with storage in any local shop, for a price that wont rip the eyes out of me, then i'll gladly give it consideration, otherwise...get off yer high horse

Serenity
08-Jul-10, 20:45
Judging by the email you sent the one who has gone mad is you. They will be giving you charges based on whichever courier they use gave them. Politely reminding them we are on the mainland and suggesting they shop around for another courier for this particular transaction would probably get a better result.

telfordstar
08-Jul-10, 22:30
You Cana win in any topic on this org any more. It's getting tiresome that even the regulars arnt posting as much! Go many dummies being spat out and way go many on high horses!!!

Nacho
08-Jul-10, 22:46
me thinks riggers was being his usual sardonic self with tongue firmly in cheek.

i agree, the old ebay postage debacle is getting tiresome, but good on you gizmo with your reply

however i'd say that most large items these days are delivered on a pallet to protect said item.

Fluff
08-Jul-10, 23:10
it is a nice coffee table though!

series2A
08-Jul-10, 23:55
I was quoted a high price for delivery off a ebay seller when I queried it he said his courier must had quoted for delivery to Orkney. Just the problem George brims stated

Nacho
08-Jul-10, 23:56
it is pretty funky looking indeed

http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/67/66646/b2142_maple_with_stools_3_l.jpg

like some sort of servant robot table from Futurama ... and that's no bad thing

Nacho
09-Jul-10, 02:01
this table has kept me awake, a recurring thought ... 'where have i seen this before?' ...

then it came back to me ....

http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv263/peanutbutterbutty/Simpsons_Mr_Sparkle_Royal_Shirt.jpg

your table is the mahoganised interpretation of the Japanese Homer, 'Mr Sparkle'.

riggerboy
09-Jul-10, 08:41
I dont have a car, and even if i did, their warehouse is in Nuneaton, which is near Birmingham, and you think you could drive there and back for £98?...yer havin a giraffe.

And as for not shopping locally, if you can find me a maple veneered coffee table with storage in any local shop, for a price that wont rip the eyes out of me, then i'll gladly give it consideration, otherwise...get off yer high horse

no you cant drive ther and back for £98

go to mackenzies and show them the picture and ask them to get it, they`ll get it for i`m sure and if it comes in a bit cheaper well done,

ps i dont have a horse

Venture
09-Jul-10, 08:54
go to mackenzies and show them the picture and ask them to get it, they`ll get it for i`m sure and if it comes in a bit cheaper well done,
You're needing to get out and about town more, riggerboy, Mackenzies closed some time ago.;)

Kevin Milkins
09-Jul-10, 09:24
You're needing to get out and about town more, riggerboy, Mackenzies closed some time ago.;),

Yes, apparently, people where buying the same goods off ebay for less money, :roll: that's when the haulage companies got wind of no shops left in Caithness now, and put the delivery charge up.;)

I have been doing some studies on logistics recently, from the Midlands it costs me £103.00 for a 500kg pallet or a box up to 30kg for £15-99

I have also discovered that no one works for free.

Venture
09-Jul-10, 13:40
For all customers of Next did you know that in line with distance selling regulations if you return goods within 7 days that you are entitled to a full refund of the original delivery charge? Well I certainly didn't. It seems like they are not the only mail order catalogue to have been breaking the rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10560466.stm

Gizmo
09-Jul-10, 14:05
no you cant drive ther and back for £98

ps i dont have a horse

Mackenzies? :lol: have YOU gone mad as well?, that table can be bought as a 'Buy It Now' on Ebay for £79.99, the last time i enquired about a coffee table in Mackenzies, it was a table about half that size, and they wanted £400 for it....needless to say, i was out the door about 10 secs later, i simply cant afford to shop at Mackenzies.

Gizmo
09-Jul-10, 14:35
You're needing to get out and about town more, riggerboy, Mackenzies closed some time ago.;)

Did it?.....think i need to get out and about a bit more as well :lol:

riggerboy
09-Jul-10, 14:57
Did it?.....think i need to get out and about a bit more as well :lol:

you and me both, i thought it was called mackenzies furniture village ????????????

Dadie
09-Jul-10, 15:04
The table looks good!
And I can see why you would want it.
But just think of the fingerprints:lol:
Could they not use a different courier that is cheaper for up here!
Its the last leg of the journey when the original courier subcontracts to another courier that costs the money.
If they can get a courier that does the whole journey it can be cheaper...
If you really have your heart set on having that table you could do a wee bit of research on couriers and give them the findings!