PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Aberdeen

Tattie B
26-Jun-06, 22:53
can anyone enlighten me on how to get cheap flights to Aberdeen the ones mentioned in the Groat a few weeks ago without using the discount card?

Fran
26-Jun-06, 23:50
the cheapest way is on the internet.

Tattie B
27-Jun-06, 08:45
i tried that but still couldnt find the ones that are 99 pound.

willowbankbear
27-Jun-06, 08:54
How do ye get 1 at short notice,from Aberdeen to Wick? Cheap, 1 way. :confused

katarina
27-Jun-06, 08:58
i tried that but still couldnt find the ones that are 99 pound.

The prices vary, depending on - i know not what. Just keep checking til one comes up

rainbow
27-Jun-06, 09:25
On speaking to the travel agency I was lead to believe that there are only so many £99 tickets per flight -once allocated no-one can get a cheap £99 flight. They are non-refundable and non-transferable. I know of an oil man who booked the £99 fare twice - the chopper was late and he missed his flights, so he lost the £99, and had to rebook another flight at additional expense. He now doesn't bother with them, as it was too risky for him, and was becoming a waste of money.

willowbankbear
27-Jun-06, 09:37
On speaking to the travel agency I was lead to believe that there are only so many £99 tickets per flight -once allocated no-one can get a cheap £99 flight. They are non-refundable and non-transferable. I know of an oil man who booked the £99 fare twice - the chopper was late and he missed his flights, so he lost the £99, and had to rebook another flight at additional expense. He now doesn't bother with them, as it was too risky for him, and was becoming a waste of money.

Thanks for that advice Rainbow, I wont bother booking 1 then

Tweety
27-Jun-06, 17:43
What about flights from Wick - Newcastle? Been pricing them and they are nearly £500!

captain chaos
27-Jun-06, 19:02
Again it depends when you travell.

You can get a return to Newcastle for £331 from Wick

Nello
27-Jun-06, 19:14
Try .. easternairways.com

I booked far enough ahead and got from Humberside to Aberdeen for 99 quid .. I spoke to one of the Eastern girls at Aberdeen and she said there are so many 99 quid seats on any given flight and you can get them last minute depending on the amount of passengers on the flight or by booking far enough ahead.

dirdyweeker
27-Jun-06, 19:54
I booked 3 on-line return flights to Aberdeen for £299! Fair enough it was for October but perhaps it pays to book in advance.
However a return flight for a 16 year old to Shetland is £429!! He could go abroad for that price. Now having to look for a much cheaper option for a Wick to Shetland return. Boat??

obiron
27-Jun-06, 20:01
I booked 3 on-line return flights to Aberdeen for £299! Fair enough it was for October but perhaps it pays to book in advance.
However a return flight for a 16 year old to Shetland is £429!! He could go abroad for that price. Now having to look for a much cheaper option for a Wick to Shetland return. Boat??

£429 is absolutely scandalous. as you say you can go abroad for that.

willowbankbear
27-Jun-06, 23:53
£429 is absolutely scandalous. as you say you can go abroad for that.
Are they good at swimming? mind its a long way[lol]