PDA

View Full Version : Nowzad dogs

Liz
07-Jul-10, 18:51
I was so moved by an interview I saw on This Morning with a soldier who served in Afghanistan and witnessed atrocious cruelty to stray dogs there that he, and his friends, cared for as many as they could and then moved them to a sanctuary putting their own lives at risks.
He now gets as many of these poor animals out of the country as he can and has set up a charity called Nowzad dogs.

You can get all the info at www.nowzaddogs.co.uk (http://www.nowzaddogs.co.uk)

I just wanted to share this with you all as I know you will be as horrified as I am that these poor animals are being so cruelly treated.
He has helped some cats as well.:D

God Bless people like Pen who don't just sit back and let it continue but actually do something to help.

mop top
07-Jul-10, 20:01
Poor dogs it just makes me want to jump on a plane and get out there and do something. Whenever i go abroad i seem to attract a band of stray dogs and cats to feed it always upsets me, but you just do what you can when you are there and hope the next flight coming in contains a plane load of like minded people.

What those soldiers are doing is really what animal rescue is about! they are seeing things most of us thankfully never will. animal cruelty and neglect at the sharp end.

I for one will be sending them a donation and will make sure i spread the word.

Bless them

aurora32
07-Jul-10, 20:08
Its nice to see people willing to do all they can to help these poor dogs. Its awful what they are seeing those poor animals go through and shows true commitment and love of animals.

The world needs more kind souls like that and less of the ones causing the problems :)

porshiepoo
08-Jul-10, 09:05
Certainly gut wrenching and thought provoking. Kinda shows us that these wars have not stripped us of all our humanity when the soldiers become so attached and determined to save them doesn't it!

Although slightly different there is another rescue called Greek animal rescue (GAR) that I subscribe too.
It's disgusting the lengths the Greek authorities will go to to rid themselves of what they consider pests just to encourage tourism. What's worse though is the amount of tourists that are able to turn a blind eye to the suffering that is evident on many a street in Greece or its islands.
GAR is similar to Liz's charity in that they rescue the strays, abandoned, abused etc etc and re-home them to the UK, Europe, USA etc.
Please be warned though if you check out their website that some of the stories / graphics are majorly disturbing, these animals are abused beyond many of ours comprehension.[evil]

Sorry if that's a hijack Liz but it's kinda related in a way. :)

Liz
08-Jul-10, 10:42
I don't mind you 'hijacking' my thread PP!:lol:

No seriously all these poor animals need our help and,sadly, unless we are millionaires we aren't able to help them all so need to choose those which touch our hearts.

I so admire anyone (including our own mop top) who work so hard to help the animals who have no voice of their own and rely on us for help.

I give regularly to the WSPA as they help animals in need all over the world and in all kind of situations.

Then, when I can, I will donate to individual causes.

If only all animals were treated with respect and love!:roll: