PDA

View Full Version : eBay seller Fined

Kodiak
06-Jul-10, 16:43
A eBay seller has been fined for "Shill Bidding", that is bidding on his own listing to increase the amount bid by other bidders.

About time something has been done about this practice.

Here is the Source so you can read the full Story :-

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/ebay_seller_convicted_fined_for_shill_bidding.php? utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+readwriteweb+%28ReadWriteWeb% 29&utm_content=Twitter

adi1
06-Jul-10, 17:09
I think this case is a wee bit harsh.
If you are in a auction you should have a set amount you are willing to pay for a item.Shill bidding does happen and I say to must people on Ebay who as not asked a friend to bid on a item to bump it up for them?
Now I wonder if people using snipe software will be fined as this is killing Ebay as a auction site as most sellers now use buy it now

Shabbychic
06-Jul-10, 17:17
I think this case is a wee bit harsh.
If you are in a auction you should have a set amount you are willing to pay for a item.Shill bidding does happen and I say to must people on Ebay who as not asked a friend to bid on a item to bump it up for them?
Now I wonder if people using snipe software will be fined as this is killing Ebay as a auction site as most people use buy it now

I think Shill Bidding should be treated harshly. Problem is, with the new system, where you can't see who the other bidders actually are, it is now impossible to report it.

When I was new to Ebay, I was caught out with this a couple of times. Even if you do have a set amount you want to bid, why should you have to pay more because of this practice.

Also, I have never asked anyone to bid on an item I am selling, to bump it up.