PDA

View Full Version : Where would Jesus put his cross on a UK election ballot paper?

Rheghead
06-Jul-10, 13:47
I've been wondering this for some time? Conservative? Nah, he hated the rich getting richer? Lib Dem? Nah but he loved wearing sandals, Labour? Hmm Possibly Green Party? perhaps but I think he had some strict views on gay rights.

scorrie
06-Jul-10, 13:59
Matthew 11:28

"Come unto me all ye that Labour...."

Shabbychic
06-Jul-10, 14:03
I don't think he was really into voting for others. I think he was more likely to be running his own party.;)

How about the "Let's get rid of these Romans Party" or if in the UK right now, "Let's get rid of these Tory and Lib. Dems. Party". :D

John Little
06-Jul-10, 14:13
None of the above.

He would render unto Caesar that which was his.

PantsMAN
06-Jul-10, 14:22
I reckon it would be up to them to vote for him -

Isaiah Ch 9

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:

badger
06-Jul-10, 15:13
I've been wondering this for some time? Conservative? Nah, he hated the rich getting richer? Lib Dem? Nah but he loved wearing sandals, Labour? Hmm Possibly Green Party? perhaps but I think he had some strict views on gay rights.

Don't think you will ever find a comment by Him on gay rights. Plenty of others claiming to speak for Him sadly.

Agree with John.

Saveman
06-Jul-10, 15:50
None of the above.

John 17:16

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."

scorrie
06-Jul-10, 16:19
Amazing scenes in Wick as Jesus bumps into one of the prospective candidates near Homebase:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/gordoncampbell1.jpghttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/prayer-service-jesus-weeping-400x51.jpg

Bazeye
06-Jul-10, 16:39
How about the "Let's get rid of these Romans Party" :D

That'd be a BNP vote then.

Rheghead
06-Jul-10, 18:03
None of the above.

John 17:16

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."

Ah right, that must be the SNP that He was referring to as they are on cloud cuckooland. No wonder Pontius Pilate had a grievance with him.

Saveman
06-Jul-10, 18:15
Ah right, that must be the SNP that He was referring to as they are on cloud cuckooland. No wonder Pontius Pilate had a grievance with him.

He was refering to his disciples.

Rheghead
06-Jul-10, 18:20
He was refering to his disciples.

Were they deities as well?

John Little
06-Jul-10, 19:05
This thread is a potential minefield given that the three topics to avoid are religion, politics and sex - it already has all three of them.

Rheghead
06-Jul-10, 19:51
Psalm 23:2

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

Cinderella's Shoe
06-Jul-10, 21:09
Where would Jesus put his cross?

On the hill?

redeyedtreefrog
06-Jul-10, 22:13
UKIP or BNP.

Green_not_greed
06-Jul-10, 22:25
I think there's a couple of parties missing here:

The Palestine Liberation Organisation for one.

And the Popular People's Front.

And the People's Popular Front.

And of course the People's Front of Judea.....

Whitewater
06-Jul-10, 23:33
He would have been with the SNP, he was a freedom fighter afterall and wanted the Romans out of Israel. That is why the SNP is Gods own party.

Saveman
06-Jul-10, 23:35
Were they deities as well?

No. Another translation puts it in a way that you might better understand, "they are no part of world, just as I am no part of the world."

Some people wanted to make him king, but he was having none of it. Jesus said, "My Kingdom is no part of this world."

So in answer to your original question, I think the evidence points to......none of the above. :)

riggerboy
07-Jul-10, 11:20
on his back where he always puts his crosses

oldmarine
07-Jul-10, 20:16
Looks like Rheghead started something with this thread. As I read some of the comments it would appear that some of you have read the Bible. At least your comments reflect some ot the things I have read in the Bible.