PDA

View Full Version : Tory Austerity, Energy and Climate Change

Rheghead
06-Jul-10, 09:11
I've seen reports of 40% cuts in almost all departments to tackle the £trillion UK deficit and I was convinced that green issues would be put aside. But apparently no. The offshore wind industry is going to get a multimillion grant to push forward offshore energy projects.

Well it just goes to show the gravity of the situation of energy and climate change if the wind sector is deserving of getting grants in this political and economic climate.

http://www.decc.gov.uk/en/content/cms/news/pn10_76/pn10_76.aspx

Sara Jevo
06-Jul-10, 19:32
I believe that about 70 per cent of the money spent by the Department of Energy and Climate Change goes on nuclear waste, like Dounreay and Sellafield. Seems like a pretty misleadfing name for a department if ever I heard one.

George Brims
07-Jul-10, 19:49
The Tories are probably the greenest party around. I remember when Mrs Thatcher took over, in no time at all she had drastically reduced the number of people of people driving to work every morning.

ciderally
07-Jul-10, 21:45
och we are all gonna end up back with the horse & cart, if we are lucky, prob wont be able to afford that, as nobody will have a job anyway.....

glaikit
07-Jul-10, 23:03
Get your Sinclair C5 out of the back of the garage and dust it down[lol]

Errogie
08-Jul-10, 10:53
Is beyond the wit of man for everyone in Caithness to have free power in return for hosting so many wind farms instead of the bureaucratic and potentially divise current system of distributing "Community Benefit" monies in the area?

It could be a great shot in the arm to the local economy and even help offset the claimed loss of 30% of the output in the transmission south process.

glaikit
09-Jul-10, 01:07
I hope Windy doesn't read this. His bloody pressure's already sky high:eek:

"Benefits, wind farms in the same sentence, are you mad?????"

Rheghead
09-Jul-10, 02:38
Get your Sinclair C5 out of the back of the garage and dust it down[lol]

Alas a great invention well ahead of its time.