PDA

View Full Version : Seagull control

badger
05-Jul-10, 15:37
Just seen item on .org front page. Shouldn't be a problem around Wick if the 5 promised school turbines materialise. If one school turbine can do this
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy/7870929/Primary-school-forced-to-turn-off-wind-turbine-after-bird-deaths.html

5 should clear the skies pretty quickly.

Metalattakk
05-Jul-10, 16:25
Sooner the better IMHO. Damnable shitehawk scourge.

'E Skorrie! Sowrow saut his tail!
I hevna words till fit him.
A sleek an' gutsy glowerin thief -
He yelps and shreeks 'e hale day lang,
An' deaves me wi his skirlin'
Oh, jist till clure him wi a clod
An' set his feathers whirlin!

Wi a clod? Choost a clod? A twel' bore is what's required.

Phill
05-Jul-10, 16:38
"we thought about painting the blades a dazzle yellow"

Now there is a new twist to the flicker effect....and a school full of kids having epileptic fits.

Bobinovich
05-Jul-10, 17:33
"We were told by the manufacturer to expect maybe one fatality a year..."

Yep, manufacturers, developers, elected representatives, etc. all know how to add the spin to secure the sale / development - shame they don't get held responsible for their guff

Dadie
05-Jul-10, 18:46
Well I suppose if the wind turbine kills off all the scorries in the first year, there wont be any left to kill the next year so the average will go down:lol:

annthracks
05-Jul-10, 18:50
I would have thought the sale of goods act would have covered a lie as big as "one per year" when the current is twenty eight times that...

badger
05-Jul-10, 20:44
I would have thought the sale of goods act would have covered a lie as big as "one per year" when the current is twenty eight times that...

Probably get round that with those two little words "expect" and "maybe". After all if developers told the truth no-one would build them.

The article linked from the front page says it's illegal to kill them but you never see a turbine owner prosecuted. One or two could be accidents, many more looks a wee bit careless.