PDA

View Full Version : FAO Craigmancie

Leanne
05-Jul-10, 14:23
Jumps are all painted and assembled, just waiting for the jump cups to arrive :)

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Jumps/05072010389.jpg

Edit - did I mention that I drilled one side imperial and the other metric? They are also assembled with sunken coach bolts so can be dismantled for easy transportation/storage.

sandyr1
05-Jul-10, 15:30
Leanne.....Perhaps you could introduce your 'pole' to us, the uninitiated?
Looks like....well I shall let the imagination...
I did recognise what looks like the rear of a Land Rover.....

ducati
05-Jul-10, 19:01
Looks like a piece of kit Riggerboy would get excited about (nicely executed though :lol:)

craigmancie
05-Jul-10, 21:31
There looking fab leanne, i'm not in any rush for them!! the weather isnt really in it for getting my horse out for jumping!!:)

I think some are letting their imaginations run away with them:lol:

sandyr1
05-Jul-10, 22:04
Thank you for telling us what the post etc., is for.
I am sure that you want this made public or you would be doing it another way....so perhaps, at your convenience, if it isn't too much trouble you would/ someone would let us all in on this public secret!

Kathy@watten
05-Jul-10, 22:35
Am having a wee titter to myself here! Sandyr1 the poles in question make the side bits of horse jumps, the holes in them support cups which in turn support the actual pole part of a jump for horses to jump. The jumps can be altered in height by placing the cups in different holes in the stand. Does this clear up the matter. FYI the landrover is not a hidden clue as to the use, just another horsey bit of kit!

donnick
05-Jul-10, 22:35
but how high u planning on jumping ur holes are drilled right to the top :lol:

craigmancie
05-Jul-10, 22:37
There is no public secret!!!! The picture is of a horse show jump stand that leanne has made for me.
I am sure the reason leanne has posted the picture on the general section is because she has previously posted that she will make and sell these jumps for anyone who may require, so perhaps she posted the picture to show people an example of the finished product.!!!!

sandyr1
05-Jul-10, 22:59
Thank you for the enlightenment.
I did figure it out a bit, but I have 2 Q's?
1....Which horses will jump on the metric, and which on the standard?
2....And where is the horse that can jump to the top, as donnick says?
And Yes kathy, I have seen a wee bitty o' Kaitness kit in my life. Where are the 'Green Wellies'.
Just havin a wee bit o' fun!
Leanne's Avator gives the 'show' away!

Leanne
06-Jul-10, 03:10
Leanne.....Perhaps you could introduce your 'pole' to us, the uninitiated?
Looks like....well I shall let the imagination...

Here is what they look like complete...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Horses%202010/19052010170.jpg

I did recognise what looks like the rear of a Land Rover.....

You are correct - That's Black Bertha!

Looks like a piece of kit Riggerboy would get excited about (nicely executed though :lol:)

Not sure I quite get you there re Riggerboy ;) (but thanks for the nice comment).

(I posted it in general as I know some don't look in specific forums and hoped CM would see it - with hindsight I could have PM'ed but wasn't sure if and image would send)

sandyr1
06-Jul-10, 03:15
Thank you muchly....'twas fun.
I take it ats e ferm?

Leanne
06-Jul-10, 03:21
Thank you muchly....'twas fun.
I take it ats e ferm?

More of a farmlette - just 4 acres ;)

Hogfather
06-Jul-10, 14:04
Pure nosiness, but why don't you do 'em with...er..... sidey bits (wings? is it?) on? Or maybe what are the ..sidey bits... for on the ones that do have 'em?

Leanne
06-Jul-10, 14:57
Pure nosiness, but why don't you do 'em with...er..... sidey bits (wings? is it?) on? Or maybe what are the ..sidey bits... for on the ones that do have 'em?

I've done up patterns and measurements for 3 different types - this was just the type that CM picked...

I can also do this type

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Jumps/jump.jpg

And this type

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/l34nn3_k4ut/Jumps/Picture2.png

surrigarth
23-Mar-11, 20:24
do u still have jumps??
:D