PDA

View Full Version : Astronot - EP Launch and other things...

theboss
05-Jul-10, 09:50
Hi folks,

Just thought i'd get the whole lot done in one post...
On the 24th of July we (Astronot) will be releasing our third EP, "Infinite Silence" with a launch party in Skinandi's.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hmogu0.jpg

You'll be able to purchase the EP in CD format on the night. The EP features 4 tracks recorded in the last year and we are fair chuffed with this one.
We will be doing a special deal for the lead up to the launch and will be offering the EP as a download for £1. That's right, a measly golden nugget. Besides the 4 EP tracks, we will also be offering some bonus extras for free. I'll post details about this shortly...

http://i47.tinypic.com/2czv6dl.jpg

And one more thing...

We've got some new merch for the release which you will also be able to buy on the night. Here are the t-shirts which will be on offer.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wpkvid.jpg
So come along and enjoy yourselves on the 24th. It's gonna be a grand night! I promise!!!

www.astronot.co.uk

Jeid
05-Jul-10, 16:10
If you go to www.myspace.com/astronotmusic you can listen to one of the new tracks from the EP, it's called "Let Go"

WeeRob
05-Jul-10, 22:02
Looks good guys will need to try and get up for this one!

Jeid
05-Jul-10, 22:12
That'd be grand biy. Gimme a shout for a copy, could have one shipped down ;)

Jeid
19-Jul-10, 01:26
There's been a change to the line-up for the gig on Saturday.

Always The Sixth will be opening the night and Healthy Minds Collapse will be on after, gonna be a great night!

Also, this week only, you can buy the EP online for £1 from http://astronot.bandcamp.com

Metalattakk
21-Jul-10, 02:15
Good stuff guys. Liking "Retribution" muchly, especially the Maiden-esque guitar solo + harmony cadenza. \m/

Kudos to the graphic design chaps too, ROFLtastic lassagie's t-shirt btw. Pity you haven't got the EP sleeve logo as a t-shirt design though. It's brilliant, and would look magic on a plain white Fat-Lad sized t-shirt.

Looking forward to Saturday, haven't seen Always before, and they're seemingly creating a bit of a buzz locally. Hope they can handle the .Org critique when/if it comes. :lol:

Jeid
21-Jul-10, 08:15
Cheers biy, Retribution is the newest song we've written. It was a day and a half locked in a room piecing together riffs. The solo came about a week and a half later! We've only been learning to play it together for a week, so there's a good chance it'll be a bit wobbly on Saturday!

The girls t-shirts are AWESOME! They arrived yesterday.

Healthy Minds Collapse have replaced Dweller on the bill, so it's going to be a great night! See you there :)

theboss
21-Jul-10, 11:33
Just thought i'd fire on the poster with the updated supports.

http://i31.tinypic.com/35l9pb7.jpg

It's gonna be a great night folks and we'd be delighted to see you there.

Also, if there are any budding photographers out there who fancy trying their hand at live band work give me a pm and we can arrange free entry for you.

Kenneth
21-Jul-10, 16:59
Cows it going now may need be bought hahahaha

Jeid
21-Jul-10, 21:35
They arrived yesterday! They look GRAND!

Saveman
22-Jul-10, 10:01
Brought up to believe there was no way out of the mediocrity and depression that is life in (snip)ville, Astronot started making a lot of noise together in order to escape the depression of their radiation riddled homeland of Caithness in the freezing far north of Scotland.

WOW! Laying it on thick there..... ;)

Metalattakk
22-Jul-10, 12:00
WOW! Laying it on thick there..... ;)

Aye, they've been listening to Pepsi too much, methinks.

Jeid
22-Jul-10, 14:39
Caithness is hardly the best place in the world now is it? Having ambition is nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing happens in Caithness, not many people really turn up to gigs etc.

buddyrich
23-Jul-10, 13:20
Maybe it could have been put a bit more ummmm nicely-"Thurso, while having a most impressive collection of shops, football fields and tarmac'd roads, does not possess an environment that nurtures artistic talent to any great degree."

How'd i do???? I could write for Kerrang, if it's still going.

Metalattakk
23-Jul-10, 13:48
Maybe it could have been put a bit more ummmm nicely-"Thurso, while having a most impressive collection of shops, football fields and tarmac'd roads, does not possess an environment that nurtures artistic talent to any great degree."

Nah, you've not got enough people glowing in the dark in there and you've not focussed on the depressing daylight-less winters.

How'd i do???? I could write for Kerrang, if it's still going.

Hah, Kerrang! "died" in about 1989. I mourned, briefly. It's still going though, dressed up as Smash Hits nowadays.

buddyrich
24-Jul-10, 13:30
Maybe i could have made it more bleak right enough. Then again there are worse places to live.

You do see "breaking out of a dead end town" in a lot of band bios. Jimi Hendrix had to move to another country before anyone would pay him any notice. Maybe meeting with initial indifference strengthens a band's mettle and sets them on the path to fame, fortune and eventual mutual-loathing in a pit of recrimination.

Hell never mind Kerrang, the Observer Music Monthly would still be going if they had me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gleber2
24-Jul-10, 14:59
Jimi Hendrix had to move to another country before anyone would pay him any notice. !
Not true. Les Paul was looking for Jimi at the same time as Chas Chandler captured him and took him to Britain where he was ritually sacrificed to the money God.

Metalattakk
24-Jul-10, 23:17
</snip> not many people really turn up to gigs etc.

Aye, you're not wrong there going on tonight's turn out.

Outside factors may have had their say in it, with the Wick gala procession tonight and the gig being the week before everyone gets paid.

I thought Always the Sixth were fresh, with a loud guitar sound (which I likey muchly) and I was impressed with their effort to try to use melody as much as possible. There's a solid base to build on there, I believe.

It was the first time I'd seen Healthy Minds Collapse, they were energetic and a fairly heavy/pop type thing which was OK on the ears. Again, a Telecaster-driven band though. *Boo!* :D

Astronot were brilliant. New stuff, old stuff, all performed with vigour and a tightness I've not seen since the new guitarist joined. Well done lads.

A welcome return for "Columbia" as well, and the new song "Retribution" was fantastic, with Jamie surprising me by taking the lead solo. Didna ken ye hed it in ye, biy! :D

Just a pity more people weren't there to see it.

PS. The new girlie T-shirts are wonderful - if they're worn by the younger, *ahem* perkier *ahem* chick-a-dees. On an older, say, saggier woman, they're not so good mates, trust me. That's why I never bought one for the wife. [lol]

*awaits slap*

Jeid
25-Jul-10, 03:16
Cheers for coming down a look tonight biy. It wasn't a great turn out in all fairness. I think the Wick Gala/High School holidays(which in all fairness provides a lot of our gig comers) played a part in things.

I'm no lead player, that's for sure, but if there's a guitar solo to be played, it's gonna be me that plays it. The new song will get better with more rehearsals I think. It was ropey tonight, but it's so new that we only finished the lyrics last monday (I think... the drink is making me forget!)

Jeid
25-Jul-10, 03:36
I think I overused Fairness in all fairness. :)

Also, yeah, the t-shirts are awesome! :lol:

Metalattakk
25-Jul-10, 03:42
I think I overused Fairness in all fairness. :)

In all fairness, I think you're right. [lol]

elastic band
25-Jul-10, 20:24
Hi there,

5 of us came up last night and really enjoyed the gig -As always enjoyed Astronot with mix of new and old, However, Always the Sixth for us were the most original sound -young guys who are a little different from the run of the mill cover bands we so often hear. Best vocalist and drummer of the night too. Really liked the stuff they wrote themselves.

Shame the turnout wasn't huge -might be worth checking in future it doesn't clash with established local events like Gala.

Blast!
26-Jul-10, 17:00
Cheers for coming down a look tonight biy. It wasn't a great turn out in all fairness. I think the Wick Gala/High School holidays(which in all fairness provides a lot of our gig comers) played a part in things.

There was the Dodo & Clair McLean memorial competition at the Dammies too. I'd have come along had I not been down there listening to Sckennlay®©™ belt out a few choons.