PDA

View Full Version : local honey

onecalledk
04-Jul-10, 20:13
Can anyone tell me where I can buy local honey please? For those who suffer from hayfever, one of the remedies I have been told of many moons ago was to eat locally produced honey, it helps desensitise the body to local pollens.

thanks
K

dunbrake
04-Jul-10, 20:38
MacDonald's Bakery in Francis Street Wick sells it.

welsh-witch
04-Jul-10, 21:13
robin and gail keep bees and sell lovely honey on wick market on saturdays

LMS
04-Jul-10, 22:03
Used to eat local honey (runny, granulated, comb etc.) by the tonne but never found that it did any good. I sneezed all day, everyday, all summer regardless of the amount or type of honey consumed.

Scunner
04-Jul-10, 22:05
Used to eat local honey (runny, granulated, comb etc.) by the tonne but never found that it did any good. I sneezed all day, everyday, all summer regardless of the amount or type of honey consumed.

please don't say that, spoils sales for the beekeepers -

upolian
04-Jul-10, 22:09

Thanks for that,i was gona buy some,wont bother wasting my money :)

wifie
04-Jul-10, 22:49

Thanks for that,i was gona buy some,wont bother wasting my money :)

Everyone is different! I tried this remedy and it worked for myself and my children!

Dadie
04-Jul-10, 22:52
Ypu have to eat a little everyday.
Starting long before the hayfever season starts...
So best to eat it all year round!

LMS
04-Jul-10, 22:57
please don't say that, spoils sales for the beekeepers -

I like to think of myself as a connoisseur of fine honey, we used to eat it all the time, all year round. Honey is great stuff - lovely on toast or scones, and fantastic for coughs and colds, and that is mentioning just a few uses. I don't want to run the stuff down, I just think that in my experience that it is pants for hayfever. However, everyone is different, so please don't not buy it on my say so.

wifie
04-Jul-10, 22:58
As a wee addition - I used to hardly be able to open my eyes once the oil seed rape started yellowing in the fields. I started to use rapeseed oil in my cooking and it has cured this - similar principle I reckon.

upolian
04-Jul-10, 22:59
Better just to buy something that is known to work..........

Dadie
04-Jul-10, 23:04
There is lots of hayfever treatments on the market.
You have to try a few to get one that works for you!
Honey is as good starting point as any... doesnt make you drowsy unlike some tablets and it doesnt have side effects and is cheap!
But children under 1 year old shouldnt have honey!

wifie
04-Jul-10, 23:16
Better just to buy something that is known to work..........

I just did! See above - they worked for me and a lot cheaper than antihistamines! I do take antihistamines for other things! I do take prescribed medicines and visit my doctor for some things! I do like to try natural remedies tho before shoving any old crap down my throat! I did say in a previous post - we are all different!