PDA

View Full Version : welsh

sasages
25-Jun-06, 10:37
hi just wondering can any one out there speak welsh as i moved up heare a few months ago and just wondering is there any other people from wales up here.

supernova
25-Jun-06, 10:45
Hi there, we moved up from Pembrokeshire in May. I speak welsh but not fluently and my 5 year old daughter can speak it as a second language. I am hoping that between the two of us we will be able to keep it going. Where did you move from?

trinkie
25-Jun-06, 12:22
Welsh !! Are you homesick already?
You must first get to know your new surroundings, make local friends, learn some of their language and customs, or you'll never settle so far away from your place of birth!
Was it work that took you so far away from such a beautiful country as Wales?
You must miss the Hills and the climate, but keep going up there and you will make it !

Lots of luck to you.

I am Caithness born and now live in Wales.
I love it here.

Trinkie

supernova
25-Jun-06, 12:38
Our reason for moving was mainly because wealthy people have caused the property prices in Pembrokeshire to go sky high. We were happy there except for that reason. I think we will be just as happy in Caithness, our children will be able to grow up in a rural environment. It is always a good thing for people to get a taste of different cultures and how different communities work, I feel a bit sorry for people who don't get to taste a different slice of life.

trinkie
25-Jun-06, 12:51
Supernova,

I agree with you entirely - your children will become enriched by this experience. And so will you.
Your new community will benefit from what you have to offer too - join in as much as you can and offer your help and experience wherever possible..
I have been an 'incomer' in several areas and it has always been up to me to make the first move !
Again - All Good Wishes to you, and of course keep your Welsh language going!

The Caithness people would love to hear some of your songs, poems and even the harp if you play. That is all part of You. Share and enjoy !

Trinkie

supernova
25-Jun-06, 12:56
Trinkie - where did you move to?
I don't think I'd want to inflict my singing on the locals!

The only downside to Caithness is lack of jobs, I'm a children's nurse and there seems to be very little in the way of children's services around here, Nearest children's ward is in Inverness! I think I might have to wait for someone to retire before I get a local job. Still, we knew that before we moved and it is worth making sacrifices for the sake of our children and being able to live the kind of lifestyle that we want.

sasages
25-Jun-06, 13:17
i moved from a little place called Dinas Dinlle it right on the beach and it was in a lovely aria My sister moved up heare 8 years ago with work and a few years ago she got quite ill and we had to move up to be closer to her. I really miss living there it was a lovely plcae.And just need some people to tork to i have not made many friends as i dont get out as ofen as i like as i dont have a car and not alot buses run though where i live.

Fran
25-Jun-06, 14:26
there are a lot of people from wales living in caithness and i know quite a few in wick, i love their accents. My son lives in north wales and would never move back to caithness.

Bingobabe
25-Jun-06, 16:49
My mother is welsh!!She has lived up here for 26 years now!! she is from the rhonda valleys!!

Nello
25-Jun-06, 20:04
I have good mates from Wales from my time in the mob and lived there for a while just outside Cardiff .. Beautiful Country, Great People .. I still miss it !!

Welsh Cakes .. MMMMmmmm ... :cool: