PDA

View Full Version : canon 450d

sintra307
03-Jul-10, 15:28
can anyone point me in the right direction to get my camera fixed please.

local if possible as i do not really want to send it away.

wicker05
03-Jul-10, 16:41
What's the problem with it?

annthracks
03-Jul-10, 17:24
Is it still under guarantee? If it's serious, you might have to send it to Canon, whether you want to or not:(

sintra307
03-Jul-10, 17:27
its probably not got a problem i think it is the operator (me) pushing too many buttons to the point that ive lost myself and the settings it was quite happy till i did a reset. so it needs setting up again so that a simpleton can use it (me also). the lenses are now not reacting the way im used to if that makes any sense ive changed lenses and the problem seems the same with both so it seems to me it could be the body ie settings i have something wrong. so really it needs to go to a place of knowledge ie camera shop to confirm broken camera or broken operator. if there are no shops up here i will have to wait till my next journey south.

sintra307
03-Jul-10, 17:41
ive had this at least three years so out of luck there.
just need to confirm broken or just set up wrong.
i will just have to keep pressing buttons till then.

thankyou anyway

annthracks
03-Jul-10, 18:10
Read manual (http://files.canon-europe.com/files/soft31340/manual/CUG_EOS450D_EN_Flat.pdf) if you have it - page 114 :)
This is for reverting all the camera’s shooting settings and Custom Functions to
the default settings. This works in the <P> and other Creative Zone modes.
1 Select [Clear settings].
�� Under the [spanner thing] tab, select [Clear
settings], then press <SET>.
2 Select the desired setting.
�� To revert the shooting settings to the
default, select [Clear all camera
settings], then press <SET>.
�� To revert the Custom Functions to the
default settings, select [Clear all Custom
Func. (C.Fn)], then press <SET>.
3 Select [OK].
�� Select [OK], then press <SET> to clear
the camera settings.
�� When [Clear all camera settings] is
set, the camera will be reset as
shown in the table below.
(SNIPPED)

I'm only familiar with 20D and getting familiar with 550D with regards to DSLRs but the "clear settings" function in the menu should reset it to all to default. Also, what lenses are you using? does the 450 have an Error 99 code? Have you tried to reflash the firmware without knowing what you were doing?

there will be plenty of people with knowledge to help you :) I shouldn't think you're the only person in Caithness to own a 450 :D

sintra307
05-Jul-10, 00:51
cheers you pointed me in the right direction. i got the 99 error code today. but better still the oh found the receipt tonight and yippee its covered by an extended warrenty till 2013 so off it goes. thankyou very much for your help.

annthracks
05-Jul-10, 11:45
cheers you pointed me in the right direction. i got the 99 error code today. but better still the oh found the receipt tonight and yippee its covered by an extended warrenty till 2013 so off it goes. thankyou very much for your help.

no probs, the 99 error code is more often than not when you use a non canon lens (eg. Sigma) which the camera can't control fully/properly, and the lens aperture is unable to open/close to satisfy the cameras instructions (I got it quite a bit when I forgot which lens I was using and didn't go full manual control LOL).

annthracks
05-Jul-10, 11:53
funnily enough I just went on canon support to see if I remembered correctly ..

Err 99 An error other than the above [list of error codes] has occurred.
Remove and re-install the battery.
This error may occur if you use a non-Canon lens and the camera or lens does not operate properly.

Looks like I did :)

pegasus
09-Jul-10, 15:55
by far the best bet is to send it to the manufactirer for repair

sintra307
09-Jul-10, 16:19
thankyou to everyone. the camera was sent to oh down south who had a quick look and found the lens the 18-55 that came with the camera had something jamming it. now unjammed and camera working perfectly... cant wait to get it back.