PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Recommendations

munron
02-Jul-10, 18:59
Dino the dinosaur is needing a saddle, he is a shire x tb and is just being backed.

Now my ample erse likes its comforts so would appreciate what you think is the best saddle.

Note from Dino, please please if I am going to carry that ample erse can you recommend a make that is comfy for me as well. The is me raring to go

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P5220077-1.jpg

Oops sorry wrong image

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p216/munron_photos/P6150001.jpg

ShelleyCowie
02-Jul-10, 20:11
Cant recommend a saddle, been out of practice a few years but can i just say what a stunning horse!

Would you notice if he went missing? [lol]

aurora32
02-Jul-10, 22:01
What a gorgeous looking chap :)

daisychain
02-Jul-10, 23:02
Aww come on surely theres one on Ebay!!!!!
Wintec cob saddle with an adjustable gullet, you can change gullets as he changes shape.
He sure is a handsome lad.

munron
03-Jul-10, 11:39
Dino passes on his thanks for your compliments, he certainly doesnt have a clue about his strength thank goodness :)

If you can fit him in your suitcase Shelley I am sure you can steal him, but if not when your done having bairns you can come round and have a test drive of him :)

missmillie
03-Jul-10, 12:09
He is stunning!!

The wintec cob saddle is perfect for his shape I use one on my cob and its very comfy for me and for her. Although my horse is no longer ridable so if you can give me a week to maybe get to the stables and pick it up you are very welcome to come try it out before buying one. I have all the gullets for it if it helps at all before splashing out.

ShelleyCowie
03-Jul-10, 12:14
Dino passes on his thanks for your compliments, he certainly doesnt have a clue about his strength thank goodness :)

If you can fit him in your suitcase Shelley I am sure you can steal him, but if not when your done having bairns you can come round and have a test drive of him :)

i will concoct a cunning plan to steal him. Or come visit sometime!

What height is he standing at just now? Does look a sterdy horse, but he looks like a gentle giant too! :)

aurora32
03-Jul-10, 14:24
Maybe just as well he doesnt know his own strength Munron, could be a handful otherwise :) He is a gorgeous boy all the same

munron
03-Jul-10, 15:55
Cheers Missmillie, he is out at watten at the mo, is that where your saddle is or were you meaning different stables?

We measured him at 16h but we are thinking he is more like 16.1 or 16.2. He is only four so who knows, stenna stairlift methinks. He is really quite the doofus really, and if you annoy him the only thing he does is swish his tail.

missmillie
03-Jul-10, 16:08
Aww bless him a lovely dufus haha. He sounds so lovely, is he at Sarah and Shanes? Yes my saddle is at Watten. Let me know if he is at sarahs and I will direct you to the saddle :)

missmillie
03-Jul-10, 16:11
Ok Doh just looking at the photo now I've answered my own question! :lol: I see the stables and manage and Benjamins Digger on the floor hehe.

Ill send you a pm with directions to the saddle hehe.

munron
03-Jul-10, 18:22
Ha ha it ok I had the same moment but just noticed before I posted. Obviously thought you kept your horse at one stables and your saddle at another :)

donnick
04-Jul-10, 18:21
what a stunner he is Nicola .he doesn't look like he has much off a wither same as mine i ended up getting a wintec wide as it has straps at the back to help hold in place better i also have to put a rear raiser on to .your welcome to try mine to as i know how difficult it is to fine one that fit but was lucky enough to someone else's so if ur interested pm me and we can sort something oot

munron
04-Jul-10, 19:34
Cheers ( yah know I only worked out about a fortnight ago who you were, I am a bit slow).

I will try the padsters saddle on him first, its the same with them all you are loath to spend the coin cos they are going to change shape but you want your comfort as well.

I have a rear riser that I should be using on paddy but i feel forward as it is, will be like a teapot. Work required on ones seat me thinks :)

cameroncara
05-Jul-10, 21:14
Hiya, maybe im a bit late on this one, but i use a wintec on my welsh D i have had problems getting a saddle to fit him but the wintecs are great and i love the fact i can change the gullets according to his weight etc. I have the vsd and i have just bought a dressage one to. Oh and i have a big bum lol!! xx

munron
05-Jul-10, 21:45
Cheers Cameroncara, everyone seems to rate the wintec so luckily I can try on missmillies one. I will report back once I have sat on him as to wether I stay there or fly to the moon :)

missmillie
05-Jul-10, 21:56
Yeah the one I have is a Wintec wide or for Millie I call it the too much grass belly saddle bless her :D

Ohhh please don't fly to the moon it hurts too much !! And if you do please don't sue me for it being the saddles fault I have no money :lol: There should be a wide girl girth on it as well but it might be a bit too wide for Dino as compared to Mils he is super slim :confused Tracey x

munron
06-Jul-10, 06:53
Yeah the one I have is a Wintec wide or for Millie I call it the too much grass belly saddle bless her :D

Ohhh please don't fly to the moon it hurts too much !! And if you do please don't sue me for it being the saddles fault I have no money :lol: There should be a wide girl girth on it as well but it might be a bit too wide for Dino as compared to Mils he is super slim :confused Tracey x

Oh Tracey you have not seen him recently, he is the size of a hippo with a huge pot belly. He is being worked and standing in for whiles and still huge, a very very good do'er