PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Research for New Start Up Business

caithness-chicky
02-Jul-10, 13:05
I'm looking into setting up a small business in glass engraving and would welcome any feedback from fellow orgers.

My business aim is to create high quality personalised and bespoke engraved glass products at affordable prices. To exceed customer expectations with innovative designs, attention to detail and provide an exceptional customer service.

The products I'd be offering will include wine/ champagne/ whisky glasses and bottles, decanters, bowls, vases, paperweights, coasters, photo frames, sports trophies, key rings, awards and mirrors. Any of these products can be engraved with an image, logo, text or personalisation for weddings, anniversaies, birthdays, graduations, achievements, retirements etc.

I also hope to be able to offer 'off the shelf' glassware with designs of local scenes and images, such as local castles, boats, landmarks etc, which I will be able to sell in local shops to tourists as well as locals. I'd also set up a website to sell my products through with a gallery of previous work.

Do these products sound like something you would be interested in purchasing?

I look forward to reading any replies
Many thanks!

Kevin Milkins
02-Jul-10, 13:13
Sounds like a good idea if you have the skills and knowledge to do that.:Razz

Well done for being innovative, and good luck.

DeHaviLand
02-Jul-10, 13:56
First, check out your competition http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=1104

I have purchased from Willie before, and his work is of the highest quality. If you're going to succeed, this is the standard you will have to match, or beat. Good luck

Alana
02-Jul-10, 21:18
Sounds Fab - folk are always looking for 'something different ' in the gift line. Wishing you every success in your new venture.

Alana Alexander
Divas & Dudes
Baby & Kidswear Boutique
Nipster Farm
Watten
Wick
divasanddudes@btconnect.com

ShelleyCowie
02-Jul-10, 21:26
That sounds really really nice actually. Last time i went to get something engraved (a long time ago) i couldnt afford it.

I love having things personalised so it would definetely be interesting to me :)

Where would you be based? Also would you have a website aswell?

caithness-chicky
04-Jul-10, 22:06
Thanks for the replys!

Shelley - I would be working from home (Halkirk), and would initially sell through 'Made in Caithness' in Wick and hopefully find a business in Thurso which would be interested in selling my creations. I would definitely have a website, to sell through and also with a gallery of previous pieces I've made.

caithness-chicky
18-Jul-10, 21:36
Any more feedback would be greatly received!