PDA

View Full Version : Birching vs Prison

Rheghead
02-Jul-10, 00:23
Instead of prison, could flogging of offenders to the brink of death bring welcome exercise to the one providing the sentence and also a low carbon alternative to all the heating, lighting and electronic paraphenalia that is associated with the present system of incarceration?

[lol]

Nacho
02-Jul-10, 00:33
this would only work if we could harness the resultant energy of a flogging.

what about putting them in giant hamster wheels and get them to power dynamos that would generate electricity that could then be used to electrocute the really bad ones.

the surplus energy could be sold to the national grid and the revenue used as compensation for victims of crime .... just a thought

Whitewater
02-Jul-10, 00:46
Nacho, I think that is a brilliant idea, you should patent that idea before somebody else gets a grip of it.

The Drunken Duck
02-Jul-10, 07:06
Instead of prison, could flogging of offenders to the brink of death bring welcome exercise to the one providing the sentence and also a low carbon alternative to all the heating, lighting and electronic paraphenalia that is associated with the present system of incarceration?

[lol]

In a word .. Yes.

We could also employ the overweight as the whip wielders and build some Generators powered by large wheels that will be placed in the yards of the prison.

We get free Electricity, the Cons are out in the fresh air and are powering us while keeping fit (and therefore not needing luxuries like pool tables or Playstations) and the overweight get some exercise AND get to vent some frustrations on those who, after all, are in the nick to be punished first and foremost.

Sounds like a plan to me.

riggerboy
02-Jul-10, 08:36
i think the lot o ye have gone bonkers theres only 1 way

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em all

yeha

Rheghead
02-Jul-10, 08:57
i think the lot o ye have gone bonkers theres only 1 way

hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em hang em
hang em hang em all

yeha

What a waste of a valuable money and energy saving asset.:Razz

John Little
02-Jul-10, 09:05
this would only work if we could harness the resultant energy of a flogging.

what about putting them in giant hamster wheels and get them to power dynamos that would generate electricity that could then be used to electrocute the really bad ones.

the surplus energy could be sold to the national grid and the revenue used as compensation for victims of crime .... just a thought

The principle is not new in our penal system.....

http://www.jsplawyers.com/treadwheel.jpg

Phill
02-Jul-10, 10:30
flogging of offenders to the brink of death

electrocute the really bad ones.

hang em hang em hang em

No wonder the country has gone to the dogs, were just so bliddy liberal minded.

riggerboy
02-Jul-10, 11:23
why dont we work em, flog em,electrocute em, then hang em ????

will that suit

DeHaviLand
02-Jul-10, 11:53

will that suit

Gets my vote!

EDDIE
02-Jul-10, 16:40

[lol]

Birch all the low offenders would be a lot more constructive to locking them up and also as a suggestion to the long term prisoners birch them once a month as part of a rehabilatation method i think that would work .

Green_not_greed
02-Jul-10, 23:12

will that suit

Then compost the bodies as a source of biofuel? Yup, gets my vote!

Bobinovich
02-Jul-10, 23:32
Hmmm, as they'd already be tenderised (through being worked and flogged) and fried (through electrocution) why not turn them into Soylent Green for distribution to the Third World :eek:

bagpuss
05-Jul-10, 22:44
Oh for the days when a good family day out included attending a public execution and chucking rubbish at people in the stocks!

The public humiliation element might catch on- how many young people TWOCKING would do so cheerfully if they knew what 30 lashes actually meant? Or faced being spat upon by pensioners?

While there is levity in my comment, there is a point to it. How many citizens actually attend public trials? They do give some insight into our CJS and how it has declined over the years