PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Spam...Phishing e-mail

Kodiak
01-Jul-10, 11:57
I have had many, many e-mails claiming to come from Banks, Building Society's etc etc trying to get my get my details, ie a Phishing e-mail.

Today I received a e-mail which was supposed to be from YouTube asking me to confirm my e-mail address and Password. I checked the return path and it originated from <carriex997@resultsgroup.com>, so clearly not from YouTube.

Please be aware that if you receive a e-mail from YouTube it could very well be a Phishing e-mail and just delete it.

Beat Bug
01-Jul-10, 12:29
If you receive such an email supposedly from your bank, then forward it to them. They have the technology to trace it and block output from the source. For HSBC & first direct, forward to phishing@hsbc.com Other banks will have a similar address for forwarding

Connor.
01-Jul-10, 12:34
Yeah, I've been recieving alot of emails recently from Egg and HSBC "confirming" my internet banking etc. I don't use either but I just mark them as a Phishing scam in my hotmail, do I need to forward it to the banks also?

Scunner
01-Jul-10, 13:34
I had a email from the 'Inland Revenue' saying that I was due of refund of nearly £1000

Beat Bug
01-Jul-10, 14:52
Yes Connor, HSBC say to forward all scams. I get these emails to an email address I don't use for my bank, so Iknow they are spams. Also, if you have internet banking, and they want to contact you, they will either write, or leave a message within the secure banking website.