PDA

View Full Version : What a stink - Broadhaven Area

lynne duncan
30-Jun-10, 20:26
and yet again - a southeasterly and what do we get the foulest smell drifting from the water treatment works, was hoping to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. but not on your nelly!!!!!
and to make matters worse it's my birthday and was hoping to have a barbecue but there was no way i was going to subject our noses to that. so my hubby took us all out (food was good) but its a pain in the proverbial.

every since that plant was built, our summers get blighted by the smell

Anyone else who is around here that have been affected by the smell especially today, please phone enviromental services in wick on 607761 and ask to put in an odour complaint
All complaints have to be logged and passed to scottish water also phone scottish water and again log an odour complaint, these calls don't take 2 mins each to do, but if everyone affected calls then the amount of complaints add up and that moves the issue further up the list of problem areas for scottish water and only then will money be allocated to deal with the problems

though personally i think this site must have extremely badly designed
even though it passed planning with the proviso that there would not be an odour problem - same as usual empty promise!!!

GLENELG
30-Jun-10, 22:37
and yet again - a southeasterly and what do we get the foulest smell drifting from the water treatment works, was hoping to go outside and enjoy the sunshine. but not on your nelly!!!!!
and to make matters worse it's my birthday and was hoping to have a barbecue but there was no way i was going to subject our noses to that. so my hubby took us all out (food was good) but its a pain in the proverbial.

every since that plant was built, our summers get blighted by the smell

Anyone else who is around here that have been affected by the smell especially today, please phone enviromental services in wick on 607761 and ask to put in an odour complaint
All complaints have to be logged and passed to scottish water also phone scottish water and again log an odour complaint, these calls don't take 2 mins each to do, but if everyone affected calls then the amount of complaints add up and that moves the issue further up the list of problem areas for scottish water and only then will money be allocated to deal with the problems

though personally i think this site must have extremely badly designed
even though it passed planning with the proviso that there would not be an odour problem - same as usual empty promise!!!
SE winds for the next three days,so you can get your gas mask ready Lynne

rangers1873
30-Jun-10, 22:38
they have been getting the smell down at the wick laundry for months as well, one minute its fine then you get this horrible stench, the smell reminds me of rotten crabs

wickscorrie
30-Jun-10, 23:08
Rotten crabs are not as bad as this VILE smell we have to put up with every year.Once again a new plant shoved out on the outskirts of the town and it has been inadequate since it came into operation.The problem can be sorted the lads who follow up your complaint tell us, but unless we complain in numbers they will do nothing about this.This must surely be an Enviromental Health issue so come on folks lets see if we can do something about this.