PDA

View Full Version : Con with the wind.....

Green_not_greed
30-Jun-10, 17:31
Now this is worth watching, and its only the trailer.....

http://vimeo.com/12680884

Con with the Wind is a passionate and inspirational look at the myths, facts and lies surrounding big business interests in the Wind Farm Goldrush.

Film maker and director Nigel Spence's gripping documentary, shot in 15 countries over 3 years, exposes the truth and the real human, environmental and subsidy costs of wind turbines; a cost that the youth of today will be paying for the next 25 years.

Visit www.conwiththewind.com for more info and to register to watch the full-length documentary.

Rheghead
30-Jun-10, 18:31
I thought the clip of the vulture hitting the blade had been exposed as a fake?

bekisman
30-Jun-10, 20:04
Sorry about this Rheghead, But I had this reply ready, then you close the thread. But as this is STILL Windfarms and the con they are.. please allow me the decency to answer you:
"They're so full of self interested hate, spite and vindictiveness." Bit strong there rheghead.. let's just say I'm all for renewables, hydro, tide, and nuclear; all CO2 free. Wind turbines ARE a blot on the landscape - I for one would like my Scottish grandchildren to see the Highlands as it should be; pristine, splendorous, and not polluted by land-owning, money-grabbing developers making public cash hand over fist..

'Free as the wind', they say. Maybe, but the energy it produces is very expensive. Wind farms sell electricity at the going rate and that’s fine. But on top of that, there’s a hidden charge. The law says all energy suppliers - yours, mine, everyone’s - must buy green energy certificates called Renewable Obligation Certificates; ROCs for short.

Who sells ROCs? The wind farms, that’s who. Where do energy companies find money to pay for ROCs? From us, their customers. No surprise there, but don’t go checking your electricity bill - the ROC charge isn’t listed.

The National Audit Office reports that by this year, electricity consumers will be paying £1 billion per year in Renewable Obligations subsidy. That's not just consumers who choose to buy wind power; that's all of us.'

But you carry on Rheghead, by your postings you obviously treat wind farms as sacred.. a point of view not (judging by the many PM's I have received) shared by others..

Thank you

Green_not_greed
30-Jun-10, 20:12
I thought the clip of the vulture hitting the blade had been exposed as a fake?

Really? Where - the BWEA website, by any chance? Can you verify your statement with some definitive reference?

Rheghead
30-Jun-10, 20:48
Really? Where - the BWEA website, by any chance? Can you verify your statement with some definitive reference?

There is a full version on youtube. I've studied it and agree that it looks like a fake.

Three things that make me think it is a fake is in the shoddiness of the effects.

1. @0.10 the bird suddenly veers to the left and back to the right with no shape change of the wings, a typical give away.

2. The sound of the collision is so artificial and from the distance to the camera it would not be picked up the microphone. Funny how we can hear the collision but no swoosh swoosh? lol

3. As the bird falls, it disappears behind the turbine tower but reappears (as if by magic) a good few metres in front of the turbine.

It is a fair attempt and quite entertaining but I am surprised that it has been included in another film:eek:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6HxKQQsAM

upolian
30-Jun-10, 21:40
There is a full version on youtube. I've studied it and agree that it looks like a fake.

Three things that make me think it is a fake is in the shoddiness of the effects.

1. @0.10 the bird suddenly veers to the left and back to the right with no shape change of the wings, a typical give away.

2. The sound of the collision is so artificial and from the distance to the camera it would not be picked up the microphone. Funny how we can hear the collision but no swoosh swoosh? lol

3. As the bird falls, it disappears behind the turbine tower but reappears (as if by magic) a good few metres in front of the turbine.

It is a fair attempt and quite entertaining but I am surprised that it has been included in another film:eek:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na6HxKQQsAM

Having read your post and watched it 3times,i definately agree its a fake!!!

Phill
30-Jun-10, 21:58
There is no sound of the collision. There is a clicking that is heard at least 3 times during the sequence. (probably from the casing of the camera or something tapping against it)
The bird was in a spin as it fell, it can be seen coming round the turbines mast towards the bottom.

If this is a fake it's a pretty good one.

Looking forward to watching the whole of the Conwiththewind.

....goes off to get more hacksaw blades...

adi1
30-Jun-10, 22:05
It maybe a fake or it may not be, but what certainly is not a fake is this clip, imagine having a house near to this??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSB1SdVHqQ

caithness-chicky
01-Jul-10, 12:44
I can't access you tube from work but not that I need to see it, I've seen this happen 1st hand at Forss

badger
01-Jul-10, 20:16
Pity we no longer have a cinema up here.

paul clifford
16-Jun-11, 15:08
I thought the clip of the vulture hitting the blade had been exposed as a fake? great trailer where and when can i view the full length documentary would it be posted on you tube?