PDA

View Full Version : Special Deals

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 14:34
Might be an idea if we posted special deals we find our in our generous supermarket and stores. I'll start the ball rolling by saying that Asda are doing a deal on 3kg of basmati rice for £2.00 That's only pence dearer than 1.5kg

Chillie
24-Jun-06, 14:39
Might be an idea if we posted special deals we find our in our generous supermarket and stores. I'll start the ball rolling by saying that Asda are doing a deal on 3kg of basmati rice for £2.00 That's only pence dearer than 1.5kg

That's ok for you we don't have an Asda or Tesco up here yet. :D

Ricco
24-Jun-06, 14:41
Oh, man! I hope one is coming your way soon. They are the cheapest! Our weekly shop is easily £20-30 cheaper there.

unicorn
24-Jun-06, 14:44
semi-chem only £1.89 for big jar nescafe.

changilass
24-Jun-06, 15:37
Lidll do yogurt is ski size pots at 19p, its actually fromage fraise, lovely yum yum:D

melted_wellie
24-Jun-06, 15:54
Lidll do yogurt is ski size pots at 19p, its actually fromage fraise, lovely yum yum:Dthe dearest thing out of lidls is the pound for the trolley,and you get that back.

jay
25-Jun-06, 18:30
not a bargain from our supermarket, but I thought it worth a mention, three course sunday lunch with carvery buffet as main course £10.99 at the Northern Sands hotel, we went today and we'll be back - the food and the service were both excellent - in fact the best service we've had in a local restraunt for a long time!

Ricco
25-Jun-06, 20:06
not a bargain from our supermarket, but I thought it worth a mention, three course sunday lunch with carvery buffet as main course £10.99 at the Northern Sands hotel, we went today and we'll be back - the food and the service were both excellent - in fact the best service we've had in a local restraunt for a long time!

That sounds brilliant! I shall have to look that up next time I am up that way. Certainly qualifies as a special deal!:D

katarina
26-Jun-06, 09:44
lunch at the harbour cafe Wick.
I had a roast beef dinner, full plate of succulent, melt in the mouth, thick cut roast beef, chapped tatties, veg, and gravy, £4.50 or was it £4.99. Under a fiver any way.

obiron
26-Jun-06, 10:57
lunch last month at the viking bowl 4 adults 4 kids a round of drinks and 3 cocktails and a pint cost £53. the food was about the £29 mark thought that was not bad a price.

Ricco
26-Jun-06, 12:07
lunch at the harbour cafe Wick.
I had a roast beef dinner, full plate of succulent, melt in the mouth, thick cut roast beef, chapped tatties, veg, and gravy, £4.50 or was it £4.99. Under a fiver any way.

Och, Katarina. You're making me hungry. That really is excellent value. The best I can get around Reading is 2 mediocre courses for £8.50.. and I wouldn't even risk going there! :roll:

smj
27-Jun-06, 00:53
please look at www.madaboutbargains.co.uk (http://www.madaboutbargains.co.uk) it gives you all the bogof's available in supermarkets plus lots of other tips for saving £. Developed & run by a scottish lady, well worth a look.

Ricco
27-Jun-06, 08:06
please look at www.madaboutbargains.co.uk (http://www.madaboutbargains.co.uk) it gives you all the bogof's available in supermarkets plus lots of other tips for saving £. Developed & run by a scottish lady, well worth a look.

Good tip, smj.

dirdyweeker
27-Jun-06, 20:07
looks a site worth spending some time on and then obviously saving some money! Thanks for the link.