PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Marty McFly
29-Jun-10, 21:20
Any suggestions for a suitable location for wedding photographs to be taken in the Wick to Lybster area this next month?

Somewhere different or unusual would be best, or even just a nice garden area, but preferably easily accessable.

Any suggestions??? :confused

S&LHEN
29-Jun-10, 21:59
Waligoe steps ?? Stunning views :D x

brandy
29-Jun-10, 22:10
the grey bulls.. absolutly stunning scenery.. and you can have the stones and sea or the old man as a back ground.

Beat Bug
30-Jun-10, 00:15
The old bridge at Latheronwheel. Regularily used for wedding photos

GLENELG
30-Jun-10, 22:47
Staxigoe Harbour,one of the finest places you could come to.[lol]

Blarney
30-Jun-10, 23:23
Can never understand why most happy couples abandon their guests for several hours immediately after the vows to go away and stage photographs for an album. Surely the whole day should be about celebrating the marriage with those closest to you? IMO getting photographs taken puts the brakes on the whole affair and the day loses its spontaneity.

Dadie
30-Jun-10, 23:36
It gives you a wee breather... a bit of calm between the excitement and nerves of the "getting married bit" and the formality of the meal and speeches!
Just a wee time with the 2 of you (thats what the day is all about anyway). Its probably the only time you will have together for the rest of the day!

About the photos ...We got ours done in a garden area in Lybster (dont know whos but it got used a lot) and down at the harbour is nice too!

George Brims
30-Jun-10, 23:41
Well Blarney what we did for our daughter's wedding was to have drinks and snacks (smoked salmon smuggled in via Granny's luggage) for the guests while the photos were taken. If I knew how to post pictures here I would add one, but I don't!

Blarney
30-Jun-10, 23:54
Well Blarney what we did for our daughter's wedding was to have drinks and snacks (smoked salmon smuggled in via Granny's luggage) for the guests while the photos were taken. If I knew how to post pictures here I would add one, but I don't!
Cracking idea George but some of the weddings I've attended here have been delayed for three to four HOURS whilst the happy couple are off to some location sometimes several miles away. Frankly, it's boring. Nothing wrong with a few photies but some take the biscuit (preferably with a wee bit of smoked salmon!!) ;)

chocolatechip
01-Jul-10, 11:42
Lybster Harbour is a stunning place! A good picture would with the bride and groom in front of the lighthouse. :D Hope you find some-where suitable :D

upolian
01-Jul-10, 13:17
ackergill tower is nice :)